Renaming "Store" default changes to /store-3

Hello,

It took me a couple tries to get the "Store" page up the way I want it. with Market Press. So, I deleted the original "Store" page (which now I know was a mistake) but now by default it has name d the page "/store-3" which is going to cause problems when the browser follows the path to the "Products". The URL path will no longer be eileendreams/store/products.

I've tried creating the page "Store" as a custom link in the Menu but that didn't work. I have tried searching for the file on my server to rename it - is that possible? What would the path be?

Do you have a suggestion to change the name from eileendreams/store-3 to just be: eileendreams/store?

Thank you so much for your help :slight_smile:
Eileen

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @EileenDreams

Welcome to WPMU DEV, glad to have you aboard!

Indeed, your WordPress will append a number to the end of any permallink slug (like /store) if it find another identical one already exists; even if the previous one is in the trash.

When you delete a page or post from your site, it is only moved to the trash. So, to ensure that no numbers get appended to your new page slug, you must first actually delete the page from the trash or empty the trash (screenshot below).

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• EileenDreams
    • Flash Drive

Thank you so much Patrick for your quick reply. I went into "Pages" emptied the trash and then renamed the permalink and it worked! Thank you for pointing out the trash to me :slight_smile: I know this will be very useful in the future for sure.

Eileen

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.