Renaming WP Login & Admin URL and managing websites from WPMU Dashboard

Hi WPMU!,

I'm using https://wordpress.org/plugins/wps-hide-login/ plugin. However, when I want to manage my sites from WPMU dashboard, it doesn't recognize the new URL if I'm not already logged in to the website for some of the features ( it does work for updating plugins).

For example, if I want to do a backup (.../wp-admin/admin.php?page=snapshots_full_backup_panel) or click on "WP Admin" button, it shows "This has been disabled" message instead of redirecting me to the login page.

Is it possible to make it compatible?

Is there a plan on adding a login and admin page rename functionality for the Defender or the Ultimate Branding plugins?

Thanks!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Kubra,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Features such as update should work fine even despite the change because they communicate with your site on a "lower level", using API calls. Where direct "over an admin URL" access is required, that might be failing because The Hub doesn't know what is the login URL and if you are not logged in to the site in the same browser that you are using for The Hub, that will be breaking.

The Hub, as well as Defender plugin and our WPMU DEV Dashboard (which is an API "handler"), are under constant development and we are adding new features to them. I'm not sure whether this particular one is already planned but I believe it's something our developer consider.

I have however moved this post to our "Features and Feedback" forum so more members would be able to vote for adding the "rename wp-login" feature to Defender as well as moving more and more communication from The Hub to the site(s) to an "API level" only.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.