Render-blocking Javascript

Hi there.

Been up and down with website loading time.

See the results in the link below:

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=www.trainyoucan.co.za&tab=desktop

Using the Hummingbird plugin from WPMU for caching.

Any suggestions/plugins to fix this? Bit out of my lead.

EZ

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Ez

I hope you are doing well today!

To improve speed, please go to Hummingbird > Minification and move files from header to footer - and then those cache files will go to the footer also - but note that in not every case this will work - because some themes needs their files in the header. This means, once you move a file to a footer, check your site for any changes.

I would like to mention that is very hard to achieve a perfect score with Google Insights. The Hummingbird does help with render blocking javascript but the result depends on your site's configuration and on how plugins and themes are built.

If the above solution will not help, would you please grant access to your site from WPMU DEV > Support so I can have a look at your settings?

See this post please:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/so-again-working-with-hummingbird#post-1038463

And please check this article:
    How to Eliminate Render-Blocking Issues With Hummingbird for WordPress

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Ez
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi there and thanks for the response.

Done this as requested:
    "Hummingbird > Minification and move files from header to footer "

But this does not seem to make any difference.

I also granted access as requested.

Ez

• Ez
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi there.

Just following up on this request again.

Also see our another post of me on the link below.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/wordpress-caching-or-hosting-issue-how-do-you-know#post-1118020

1. When using "WP Smush Pro" it keeps on asking me to re-size images? Have the same thing on two sites. Is this a major concern.
    2. I have a mayor issue with my hosting company about the 'Server response time" as seen in the previous post.

Hummingburd say that that the server responded in 1.5 seconds. Is that average? When I queries this with my hosting company they said the server responded on their test within 30ms.

EZ

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Ez,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

1. When using "WP Smush Pro" it keeps on asking me to re-size images? Have the same thing on two sites. Is this a major concern.

Yes, it is recommended to WP Smush Pro the images because mostly the heavy images are main reason to make your site load really slow.

This plugin will optimized all your images by removing all unnecessary data and with zero to minimum quality loss.

2. I have a mayor issue with my hosting company about the 'Server response time" as seen in the previous post.

Not at all! This is not average. Your server is taking too long to respond.

Regarding your hosting response about server response time - what tool they used to determine the server response time ?

If its not an issue then Hummingbird plugin should not have reported in the performance test report.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.