Render-Blocking JavaScript and CSS

Hello. I am trying to speed up my site with Hummingbird. It looks likes the render-blocking JS and CSS are actually coming from the Humminbird cache. How can I fix these so that they aren't slowing down my site?

Adam Czajczyk

Hello The Product Poet,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I think the files you're referring to are some "cache" files created by Hummingbird. Hummingbird can help you with removing render-blocking resources by applying "minify", "combine" and "change position" tools to those resources, as set under the "Hummingbird -> Minification" option.

The more scripts are minified and combined and moved to the footer of the site, the more "resource-blocking" scripts are removed. However, the process requires Hummingbird to create its own "temporary" files and load them - otherwise the plugin would need to change "real" files which is always the bad idea

That's something that's kind of a "bargain" - exchange e.g. ten blocking resources for one or two. Even if that's not a perfect scenario, it's still very beneficial for the site loading times. We're constantly improving Hummingbird and it's algorithms so I'm sure this will get improved with future updates as well. For now, I think spending some more time over the "Minification" settings could help you reduce those 'blocking resources" (including those coming from Hummingbird) even more though it would require quite a bit of "trial and error" minification settings changes.

If you have more questions on this, let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam