Renew button does not show on Subscriptions page

Hello. I am using the most recent version of the Membership plugin.

Here are the details of my site:
> I am using the PayPal Single Payments Gateway.
> My only paid subscription has the Mode set to Finite.
> My only paid subscription has the Period set to 4 Days.
> My only paid subscription has the Price set to $1.00.
> On Options > Configuration, the Renewal Period Limit is set to 2 Days.
> On Options > Configuration, the Upgrades Period Limit is set to 1 Day.

I purchased a membership on August 5th. When I go to the Subscriptions page, I do NOT see the Renew button. I only see the Unsubscribe button. I thought based on my settings that the Renew button would only be hidden on August 5th and August 6th, but display on the Subscriptions on August 7th and August 8th?

I thought by setting the Renewal Period Limit to 2 days that the Renew button would stay hidden until 2 days before the membership expired (in my case the membership expires on August 9th, so why didn't the Renew button display on the Subscriptions page on August 7th and today, August 8th?)

Thank you.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Nick,

Thanks for your question here.

Based on what you've said above, the renew button definitely should of displayed! Let's take a look here and see what could of prevented this.

Can you upgrade Membership to the latest version? We just released it the other day, v3.5.1.6 - there was quite a few payment gateway changes in this one.

If it is still not showing up then do you mind granting support access so I can take a closer look at your Membership settings? You can do this via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to your reply Nick :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Nick

Hi Tyler,

I just did the upgrade to 3.5.1.6 but I still have the issue of the Renew button not appearing.

I will grant you access right now.

If you want to test the paid member I created, its the one with "nick" in the username. The password to that account is the same as the username and with a "1" at the end. You will need to use a different web browser to test so you won't be logged in as an admin.

That account is on day 4 of a 4 day membership, and will expire in about 10 hours. So if you try this soon you can see that when you log in as that user and go to the Subscriptions page, you don't see the Renew button even though I think you should see it at this point (on the last day of the subscription.)

Thank you.

• Jake

Hi Nick,

I hope you're doing well and apologies for the delay. I was able to replicate the error and it seems to be a bug currently. I have notified the plugin developer about this one, requesting for his input on this issue.

Please keep in mind though that plugin developers have a lot of responsibilities so this might take a bit longer than a normal ticket.

Apologies for the inconvenience,

Cheers
    Jake

NOTES FOR DEVELOPER:

As per documentation, the renew button should be available through paypal standard and not single. However, currently the button image under the gateway settings can be set through single and not standard. Additionally, the renew button is not appearing on the subscriptions page regardless of which gateway is being used.

• Nick

Thank you for your reply. I can confirm I experience this issue with the Renew button not appearing is in both the last version of the Membership plugin (3.5.1.5) and the new version (3.5.1.6). So I don't think this is a new bug from the new version of Membership.

Also, I can confirm when I go to the Payment Gateways section and click Settings for PayPal Single Payments Gateway, I do see a text field for "Renew button". The URL in that text field is this:
    http://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but23.gif

And I don't know if this matters, but that URL for the Renew button is actually for a "Buy Now" button (you can see it if you enter that URL in your web browser.)

At this point the only way a user can manual renew their membership is to wait for the membership to expire, and then buy it again, which is not the ideal user experience.

Until the bug is fixed, I will have to remove my automatic communication email I set up to remind the user 2 days before the membership expires to renew their membership since that's not working at the moment.

Thank you for your help with this issue, and please let me know if you need any assistance testing or any additional information from me.

Best,
    Nick

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.