Renew Button Not Displayed in Membership

Hi,
I am a developer. I am using Membership plugin.
I am trying to implement a membership site where users can subscribe for a year & can "Manually" renew their Accounts.
To achieve this I am using "Finite" Mode of Membership.
For Payments,I am using PayPal Express Gateway.
I have set the option to show subscribers to show Renew notice 30 days before their account expires.
I have used [renewform] shortcode on a page.
Still members can't see renew notice.
[I found out this by creating a sample account having a 1-day subscription].
I refered these posts:
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/upgrade-renewal-buttons-not-displaying-and-auto-renew-versus-finite

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-display-the-renew-button-in-membership-plugin

In the first link, @Barry says to use "Serial" mode with PayPal Single.

In second link, @Jack says to use "Finite" mode with PayPal Express.

I tried both of these solutions still renewal option doesn't get displayed.

Please help me out.

Thanks in Advance

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @wisdmlabs

I hope you are well today!

If you are testing with a 1-day subscription, please ensure that the "Upgrades period limit" is set to "0", otherwise I doubt you'll ever see the upgrade form. :slight_smile:

On my test site, I have a free subscription set to "Finite" and a duration of 1-day.

Then a paid subscription also set to "Serial" for 1-month @ $10/mo.

The gateway used on my test site is the PayPal Payments Standard Gateway.

Users on the free subscription see much like the attached screenshot when they visit the page where I have the [renewform] shortcode.

If you have only a single subscription that expires after 1-year, it doesn't really matter which gateway you use, as there are no recurring payments.

• wisdmlabs
    • Flash Drive

Hi Patrick,

I guess you missed my point.

My Members can see the upgrade button & cancel button .

However they can't see the "renew" button.

This subscription isn't free. And I wan't them to renew while their old subscription is still active.

I have set the renew notification period as 30 days prior to subscription expiry.

This should obviously come when a subscription is about to expire (in last 30 days).

Thanks in Advance.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @wisdmlabs,

Are you using the "PayPal Single Payments Gateway" or the "PayPal Payments Standard Gateway" inside Membership?

I just tried doing the following:

- Enabled the "PayPal Single Payments Gateway"
    - Set "Renewal period limit" to "30 days"
    - Made a test subscription, set it to Serial, with a 1 day duration
    - Manually added myself to the subscription, and moved myself from the "admin" gateway to the "paypalsolo" gateway (PayPal Single Payments Gateway)

And I was able to get the "renew" button to show up on my end, when I viewed the account page I created (using the [renewform] shortcode).

Please advise,
    Michael

• Kipp
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

When I did this: Serial, 30 - I ended up having 5 members expire without manually renewing but were renewed for another year without charging!!!

I found it when I noticed on the reports that 5 individual on the same minute were listed as "moved from X subscription X level to X subscription X level...

What might I have set wrong. I thought if they didn't manually renew on Serial, solo payment, they would simply drop to the default level (Following / Visitor).

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.