Renew subscription before expiration?

We would like for Members to be able to renew and pay for their next membership prior to their current membership expiring.

If a current Member goes to their membership page prior to their expiration, the only Option is Cancel. Is there a way to force the Renew button to appear as well?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Tim,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I assume these are "single payment" memberships and not recurring, right? In case of recurring memberships users do not have to renew because renewal is automatic and user can only cancel in case he/she doesn't want to continue.

In case of "single payment"/finite membership it's slightly different. I understand that you'd like to allow members to renew some time before membership expires but at the same time you'd like the new subscription period to start right after expiration of current one, am I correct?

By design, an option to renew should become available shortly before expiration but it may be possible to customize it with a bit of additional code. Let me then ask a developer about it.

That said, please keep an eye on this thread for further information. Please note though that developer's response may take a bit longer than mine as he's dealing with a lot of complex issues on daily basis. I will however update the thread as soon as I get a replay!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Tim and thanks for confirmation!

As I mentioned before, I hope more members of the community will support the idea but I'm not able to give any ETA on this. The workflow here is that members "upvote" (or express their support any other way) and if a feature gains enough support our developers include it in their plans. So at this point there's no way of knowing if and when the feature will be included.

However, I have already forwarded your question directly to the plugin developer in order to check whether there's any other possible solution (such as e.g. "quick fix", workaround or add-on) that could be implemented "out of the box". I'm still waiting for replay though and I'm not sure when will I get it as he's currently off line. I suppose it will be withing nearest days but since then I'd rather not give you any conclusive answers or guaranties.

That said, it would be great if you could just keep an eye on this thread and I'll update you with further information as soon as I get my replay.

Have a nice day!
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.