Renewal Page not being offered in Renewal Period Time?

I have the renewal period set for 60 days. I have a member who has a subscription coming up in 45 days, but she is not seeing the renewal form (see enclosed). On the page for renewals, I have the following text (using both the account page and renew form on one page -is that a no-no?)
[accountform]

[renewform]

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Dave,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please tell me what you have set for the Membership Renewal period limit on the following path?

Admin Area -> Membership -> Options -> Configuration

Membership Renewal period limit is the number of days before expiry that the renewal form is displayed on the Account page.

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some troubleshooting? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• dave
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Vinod - Thanks! I originally had the renewal time frame set for 60 days. Then to see if it made any difference, I set it at 365, thinking this would bring up the renewal form all the time. But that didn't show me the renewal form either. It just shows me at the green bar about current subscriptions but no form (attached screenshot).
    I granted access so please do login. Thanks for your help!
    Dave

• dave

Any idea why we can't get renewals to work after looking at it? I've extended the Support Access again to be safe. Don't mean to be pushy but the site is essentially dead for the client in terms of collecting renewals from members so members are leaving. Thanks for any help you can provide!
    Dave

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Dave,

Thank you for granting the support staff access.

I have just tested on your site creating temporary test user account and the membership upgrade option is getting displayed for me using that user account on your membership renewal page http://yoursite.org/renew-my-membership/ as shown in the attached screenshot.

I have a member who has a subscription coming up in 45 days, but she is not seeing the renewal form

Is it happening only for this member or also for other members?

What's that member name or user id on your site?

If it's only happening with this member then you can manually renew it or share this member's credentials or just create a test user account and reproduce the issue and just send me his log in info through our secured contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - Choose "I have a different question"
    - Include my name in the subject "Vinod Dalvi"
    - Include the URL of this post in your message so that I may track this issue better
    - Include login information (Wordpress admin info username + password )

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• dave

Hi Vinod - Thanks for checking this. I do see the upgrade option and the member sees that as well, but the problem is that we don't see the renewal option. I don't see the renewal option in your screen shot as well. Whatever settings I put in the renewal form display [renewform], I can't get it to display for anyone whether 365 days or anything. Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Dave

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @dave

I hope you are well today.

The renew button will only be shown if you use the levels in SERIAL mode and you use Paypal Single gateway. I can see, you are using Finite mode.

In finite mode, user can re-subscribe once his subscription ends.

Cheers
    Ash

• dave

Ok, I see that makes sense. I changed the Vendor Member to Serial instead of Finite. We are using the Paypal Single gateway. I set the Renewal period to 365 days just so I could always see the renewal form, but in testing one of my accounts, I don't see the renewal form option coming up. Am I missing something? Thanks!
    Dave

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @dave

Would you please create a new subscription and make a level serial, then activate only Paypal Single Gateway, register user from front end (don't create an user from admin panel) and check?

Let me know what happens then.

Cheers
    Ash

• dave

Hi - This seemed to work with the new subscription. I think I found the issue but would like your comment so I understand. I have a bunch of my subscriptions that are set to payment gateway Admin or in some cases, no payment gateway at all. Some are set to Paypal Express Single Payments. Once I change that from Admin to Paypal, it offers me a renewal.
    Can you tell me what the Admin gateway is?

Thanks so much for your help!
    Dave

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @dave

That makes more sense :slight_smile: Admin gateway is not infact a gateway. Admin gateway will be shown, if the user is manually moved to a subscription by the site admin. When admin gateway is enabled for a user, he won't see renewal button. It must be paypal single gateway :slight_smile:

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.