Reoccurring Payments

I've tried to find the answer to this before reaching out. So, does MarketPress eCommerce offer monthly reoccurring charges to customers. I'm selling a system that costs per month.

If not, do you have my solution available? Thank you!

• Rupok

Hi Frank W.,

Thanks for asking. You are right. Unfortunately you can't get recurring payment option in MarketPress and you can't have multiple amount of the same item in Membership 2 Pro. So I'm afraid, both is not possible at this moment.

However, I think recurring payment option in MarketPress will be a very awesome feature. So I'm moving your thread to our Features and Feedback section. More people liking this idea, more chances our developers will work on this and will include this feature in our future releases.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Frank W.

Oh, Rupok ... don't quit so quickly! I believe I've architected a clever workaround to all of this. Now, only you can say if it's possible.

Solution: I create 10 unique subscriptions that appear on one shopping page. Each subscription is an independent purchase of the other. In the description, I add the variable, "With this purchase, you receive "1 Acme Unit." And, in the next subscription I state, "With this purchase, you receive "2 Acme Units." And so on up to 10 Acme Units.

I style each subscription the same, and the page is styled to be all about "Acme Units."

That way, if the customer needs 14 Acme Units, they simply purchase 1 subscription that indicates 10 Acme Units ... AND 1 subscription that defines 4 Acme Units.

Now, this is vital! I need to replace the word "Subscription" with "Sections" ... and I'm golden. All purchases would offer the customer one code to enter one private forum.

In fact, the more I think about this workaround, the more I like it. The discount on larger quantities of Sections could be reflected IN the base price. Hummmm, now I LOVE the idea! Make this happen Rupok, I'm depending on you!!!!

• Rupok

Hi Frank W.,

Wow! That's a cool workaround. You can create 10 Membership 2 Pro subscription plans and they will be recurring. And then your users can select the subscription plan according to their number of items required.

So If I'm right, now you need only to change the word "Subscription" to "Sections", right? If yes, then you can easily do this with our Ultimate Branding plugin. After installing and activating Ultimate Branding, please go to "Dashboard > Branding" menu and from there, please enable the "Network Wide Text Change" module. Then go to "Dashboard > Branding > Text Change" menu and from there you can change the word from "subscriptions" to "sections". If you want, you can make this change happen only for the Membership 2 Pro strings. For doing that, please add "membership2" in the text-domain input field.

I believe, this will serve your purpose. Please let us know if you have any confusion or any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi Frank W.,

Thanks for asking. I'm really sorry I'm not clear about your query. As you would be using "membership2" text domain, so the text replacement will only occur for Membership 2 Pro strings. That means, every "subscriptions" word generated by M2 will be replaced to "sections".

Membership 2 Pro handles it's own payment and has it's own payment gateways integrations. So I'm not sure how you are planning to add WooCommerce here.

Can you please describe a little more?

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Frank W.

I understand Membership 2 Pro has a payment gateway that works with PayPal. So, WooCommerce is off the table. I'll mention them no more.

We're both at a disadvantage because my partner misspelled our email name in the site's registration, and WhoIs decided it's best if they just took all our sites offline. (seems Bluehost will get around to fixing that issue whenever it's most convenient and I'm not taking calls from my partner today!). But, I'm a spiritual guy ............. so I'm just chillin' ... outwardly. Inside, I'm steaming. I digress. Point is I can't post a hyperlink for you to visit and see what I'm doing, but I'll do my to damnedest to "show you" with the written word.

Here's what I desire, a "Storefront" look where customers can go and shop to purchase myriad combinations of "Sections" on one page. I'm assuming each "Section" supplies a snippet of sorts to add somewhere. But, since the site's down, I can't go fooling with the plugin to poke and prod it and see what I get. I'm not trying to get too technical on you, like a showoff does. I'm really thinking about and planning the design to be sharp and crisp, to match the rest of my look and feel.

So ... one ... can I add multiple "Sections" onto one page? And two ... can I style that page to match my site? (I'm brand new to Wordpress, so on a go-forward basis, let's assume I don't have a clue what you're saying.)

:wink:

• Rupok

Hi Frank W.,

Glad to see that you got a chances of chillin'. I personally love these unexpected breaks. It also helps me in my thinking process.

Now regarding your query, Membership 2 Pro automatically provides you a page where your users will get all subscription plans (in your case, sections) listed. So your users can pick their desired subscription from that page and then pay to confirm that subscription.

You can easily match the design of that listing page with your theme with custom CSS Code. We can help you in that when your site is live.

Please let us know if anything else comes to your mind in this free time. This is the best time for finding creative ideas. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Nithin

Hi Frank W.,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Which short code would put that specific section sale on a unique page, and another on another page?

By sections, I suppose you meant the subscriptions, you can use the following shortcode to display specific memberships subscribe buttons on another page:
    [ms-membership-buy id="10" label="Buy now!"]

Where 10 is the memebrship ID, and Buy Now the label name, once the user click the Buy Now button, they will be redirected to subscribe that particular membership.

For more info about all the availbale shortcodes you can find that under Membership 2 > Help > Shortcode

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Frank W.

Now, this is getting wonderful. I think some styling is important.

When going to the "Buying Sections" page, sometimes the purchase button reads "Signup" or "Subscribe." It occurs randomly. Is there a way of making that a standard result?

Also, the menu on the "Join Membership" page covers some rather important details ... like the title of "Join Membership" and the name of the membership. While on that page, notice the bottom reads, "Your 0 days free trial ends on 02/16/2017 and then you will be billed." It should say, "7-day free trial" ... or am I wrong?

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Frank,

When going to the "Buying Sections" page, sometimes the purchase button reads "Signup" or "Subscribe." It occurs randomly. Is there a way of making that a standard result?

That depends if you are logged in or not - if you are not user yet, you have to Singup. if you are user on site then you Subscribe to membership. That is correct and depends on user state.
    But you can still use Ultimate Branding to change that.

While on that page, notice the bottom reads, "Your 0 days free trial ends on 02/16/2017 and then you will be billed." It should say, "7-day free trial" ... or am I wrong?

Can you double check if trial for that membership is set for 7 days? I'm testing this on my site and I can't replicate. This is what I see with 7 day trial

if settings are correct, would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.