Reorder and Relabel WPMUDev Plugin [and Other] Menus

Greetings!

I'm interested in being able to reorder/reorganize and RENAME menu items in the WordPress left menu, including and especially those menu items that are added by WPMUDev plugins. Ideally:

1. All WPMUDev menus (that I'm using) can be housed under a single menu node. This same top level menu should also be able to house other (non-WPMUDev menus).

2. All menus can be named whatever I need them to be named.

3. Unwanted menu items are hidden.

4. All of the above can be done differently for different user roles.

5. IMPORTANT: All of the above are implemented in a way that does not interfere with plugin updates.

I've seen a number of hacks to achieve some of the above, but not all. There is even a WPMUDev article (from 2013) that suggests a particular plugin for some or all of the above (not enough detail to be sure).

Any suggestions? Any critiques from recent adventures with the particular plugin mentioned in the above article (CURRENT compatibility with WPMUDev plugins, support, etc)?

TIA!
Ehventerprise

• Gilad and Mihal (Ehventerprise LLC)
    • Flash Drive

Actually, I don't have any particular reason to believe that any of the above cannot be done with Admin Menu Editor...

I'm just looking for current and more complete information. The info I've found so far is relatively old, did not clearly address all five of my requirements, and these things do tend to change. Hence my post.

If you're saying you know this plugin is able to do all of the above (with special emphasis on my fifth requirement), and if your knowledge is current, then I'm satisfied for now. I'll hold off on marking as resolved for a few days in an effort to draw additional feedback from more members (especially any that may have dissenting opinions or other supplemental info).

Meanwhile, thanks for your contribution! I really appreciate the feedback.
    Ehventerprise

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @Ehventerprise,

I hope you are having a good day.

I have tested Admin Menu editor on my sandbox site and it is satisfying all of your requirements. Feel free to play with it. Once you specify different menu order and its rules with Admin Menu Editor it will keep those changes every after plugin gets updated. Just don't edit its core files as changes to core files won't be preserved when updating plugin.

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.