Replace commenting system Social with Comment Plus plugin

Hi wpmudev team, I want to ask how to replace my commenting system in Social theme with the Comment Plus plugin. Thank for your help and sorry for my bad english.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

With the plugin enabled, does it not replace the comments form automatically with our Comments Plus one?

If not then you would need to use our hooks, let me know if you need further guidance there.

Almost forget, how can I also remove the header block in front page (that show a kid with danbo mask -- Welcome to the BuddyPress Social Theme -- Connecting you with your familiy, friends ........). The block with the member login form, how can I remove it? Thank for your help :slight_smile:

Sorry, you want the whole area removing or just the member login form?

Are you using a child theme, this would be best.

Let me know so I can better advise.

Take care.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey again.

Ok to remove that header it would probably be best to create a child theme.

Then copy over the header.php file and remove this from it:

<?php if( !is_user_logged_in() || wpmudev_is_customize_preview() ) {  locate_template( array('lib/templates/wp-template/top-header.php'), true ); } ?>

That will remove the top header.

For the comments go to:

Admin --> Settings --> Comments Plus

And then in the Hooks settings enter this for Start injection hook:

wp_comments_begin

And then enter this for Finish injection hook:

wp_comments_end

That will make the form work in this theme.

Take care.

• goverian

See Thank, it Works!!! Thank you so much... 100 points :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile::slight_smile: :slight_smile::slight_smile: :slight_smile::slight_smile: :slight_smile::slight_smile: :slight_smile::slight_smile: :slight_smile::slight_smile: :slight_smile::slight_smile: :slight_smile::slight_smile: :slight_smile::slight_smile: :slight_smile::slight_smile: :slight_smile::slight_smile: :slight_smile::slight_smile: :slight_smile::slight_smile: :slight_smile::slight_smile: :slight_smile::slight_smile: :slight_smile::slight_smile: :slight_smile::slight_smile: :slight_smile::slight_smile: :slight_smile::slight_smile: :slight_smile::slight_smile: :slight_smile::slight_smile: :slight_smile::slight_smile: :slight_smile::slight_smile: :slight_smile::slight_smile: :slight_smile::slight_smile: :slight_smile::slight_smile: :slight_smile::slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.