Replace CoursePress Pro Unit Text Editor with TinyMCE/Page Builder

Is there a way to replace the current text editor in CoursePress Pro Unit text editor: http://i.imgur.com/hOyomkO.jpg

We would like the functionality to add different font family, columns etc and even use the Text Editor instead of just the Visual Editor

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Genevieve,

I hope you're having a nice day!

Our CoursePress plugin is using a built-in WordPress TinyMCE editor already. TinyMCE is customizable, however CoursePress is using its own settings. You should be able to customize it with a bit of custom code. Take a look below please:

<?php

/*
    Plugin Name: CP_Editor_Config_Patch_WP_4_3
    Plugin URI: https://premium.wpmudev.org
    Description: Custom Must-Use plugin.
    Version: 1.0
    Author: WPMU DEV
    Author URI: https://premium.wpmudev.org
    License: GPL2
    */

if( !class_exists('CP_Editor_Config_Patch_WP_4_3')):

class CP_Editor_Config_Patch_WP_4_3{

function __construct(){
                add_filter( 'coursepress_format_tinymce_plugins', array( $this, 'override_CP_editor_plugins' ) );
            }

function override_CP_editor_plugins( $editor_plugins ){
                global $wp_version;
                if ( version_compare( $wp_version, '4.3', '>=' ) ) {
                    $editor_plugins = array(
                        'wordpress',
                        'wplink',
                        'textcolor',
                        'hr'
                    );
                }

return $editor_plugins;
            }
        }

new CP_Editor_Config_Patch_WP_4_3;

endif;

This part defines TinyMCE plugins available and you may want to expand the list a bit:

$editor_plugins = array(
                        'wordpress',
                        'wplink',
                        'textcolor',
                        'hr'

Full list of TinyMCE plugins can be found here:

http://www.tinymce.com/wiki.php/Plugins

The entire code should be put into the file with a .php extension (e.g. cp-editor-config.php) and the file should be uploaded to your server to the

/wp-content/mu-plugins/

folder. If there's no such folder, you will want to create it.

This is a partial "patch" only as there's more settings for TinyMCE that could be adjusted, however let me please ask developer on how to apply them to CoursePress using the code similar to the one I gave you (or by extending it).

Please keep an eye for further information and updates!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Genevieve

Hi there Adam,

Nice to hear that CoursePress text editor is aleady using a tiny MCE. Is it pssible if we can use the page builder that we currently using now which is Black Studio TinyMCE Widget and Page Builder by SiteOrigin? Also how can we add google fonts to the fund family drop/down menu. Themost important thing is the ability to use google fonts and the page builder on coursepress txt element editor

• Patrick

Hi there @Genevieve

I hope you're well today! And please accept my apologies for the delay here.

I'm really not sure how, or if, a page builder can be integrated into the editors of CoursePress. I just tested with Visual Composer and it does not appear to recognize the CoursePress elements as post-types.

I'd need a bit more technical expertise on how things are coded in the plugin to be able to say with any degree of certainty whether it can be done or not. Fortunately for both of us, we have our 2nd-level support wiz-kids who can be called upon in cases such as this. :slight_smile:

I just flagged the 2nd-level team and one of them should be dropping in shortly to lend a hand. Note that this may take a little bit longer than a "normal" support ticket as they do have quite a bit on their collective plate.

• Genevieve

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for finally updating us regarding the status of our support ticket, we were waiting for days w/o any feedback. Noted on the Visual Composer not getting recognized, though is it possible to just use the default Wordpress Visual Editor? At least when we use a Page Builder like Page Builder plugin by Site Origin OR TinyMCE Advanced plugin, we can use the customization added by those plugins in the default WP Visual Editor. As I mentioned in the previous ticket, the most important thing is the ability for us to use Google Fonts (via Font Family dropdown menu)

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Genevieve,

I apologize you had to wait for previous answer, fortunately @Patrick was around.

As for "visual editor". What you're referring to as a "default WP Visual Editor" is actually a TinyMCE and it's used by CoursePress, by default also. However, if it comes to its customization, I'm not able to give you more details on this.

Since Patrick has already asked our 2nd-line support for help here, I'll add some more details to his question and also ask them to get back to us as soon as possible.

That being said, please keep an eye on this thread.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Genevieve

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the update, noted on the default WP Visual Editor is actually TinyMCE, but what we want is that the Text module on CoursePress Pro modules be the same as the default WP Visual Editor. We want to use the same functionality of the default WP Visual editor like Google Fonts and even the functionality to use Page Builders with columns, shortcodes etc.

This support thread has been dragging to long, and we are starting to look at alternatives to CoursePress Pro. Please let us know if its possible or not, as the default Visual Editor or CoursePress Pro is just too simple for our needs

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Genevieve,

I hope you're having a nice day!

Just to add, even w/o the functionality of Page Builders etc, we would like features that can be seen on TinyMCE advance plugin and more font family for the font family dropdown menu

Thanks for this information. I've just asked our 2nd-line guys to update me on this as soon as possible since I know that's already taken quite a significant amount of time. It's a weekend today so the team may be a bit incomplete at the moment but I'm sure they should be with us here anytime soon.

Thanks for your patience and we'll keep you updated here!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.