Replace feature block image with embedded video

I want to replace the feature block image on the home page with an embedded video. Any ideas on how to go about this in the easiest manner?

• alexjones85
    • New Recruit

OK so I managed to figure this one out for myself. Not too hard really.

Just had to change the image element in panel-home.php with the embed code from YouTube.

Only now I want to make the video adjustable depending on whether you are viewing the home page or an author page. Any ideas on this one?

• gail
    • Flash Drive

Hi there

I too would be interested in replacing the feature intro block image defined in panel-home.php with different media.

I tried using the featured post nivo slider option but could only get the latest post to show – even though i did add more than one post id – it just ignored all earlier posts. Am i missing something – is there another setting somewhere else that needs to be set first in order for the nivo slider option to work?

Meantime I’d also be interested in knowing exactly how @phil successfully embedded a Youtube video in panel-home.php instead of the default image /_inc/images/top-default.jpg”.

I have tried inputting a complete embed code where that image parth was – leaving the rest of the php code as is – but it did not work. i also tried it minus the iframe bit and just the path to the video – again no joy – all i got was the alt text for the site description showing.

Can you please provide an example of the code format needed to add video here and also can you please provide some idea why the nivo slider otion does not work for me please?

Many thanks in advance for any help uyou can provide here.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.