Replying to a Support System ticket is causing a 500 error

I’m getting 500 error any time I try to reply on a Support System ticket (either as admin or user).

• Katya Tsihotska

Hi Pat

Hope you're having a great day!

I've tried to further investigate the issue by checking debug.log, but unfortunately, no information related to the issue has been logged there.

I'm going to need to ping our SLS team (code experts) and get their valuable feedback on this. Since this is a bit more of an advanced issue, it may take a little bit longer to get a reply back about this, but one of us will post back with feedback as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
    Katya

• Ari

Hey Pat

Hope you are fine! This is not our plugin's fault, it was the Custom Content Shortcode Plugin & Themify Shoppe theme together. They changed the inner shortcode form input texts.

I made a fix for this and added it in your site by mu-plugin, you will find this in:
    wp-content/mu-plugins/support-system-conflict-fix-with-custom-content-shortcode.php file.

I added these codes in that file:

<?php

if ( ! defined( 'ABSPATH' ) ) {
    	exit;
    }

function replace_form_user( $content ) {
    	return $content ? str_replace( "support-system-reply-fields[user]", "support-system-reply-fields[support-system-user]", $content ) : $content;
    }
    add_filter( 'support_system_reply_form', 'replace_form_user', 10, 1 );

function replace_user_shortcode( $content ) {
    	return $content ? str_replace( "support-system-reply-fields[support-system-user]", "support-system-reply-fields[user]", $content ) : $content;
    }
    add_filter( 'the_content', 'replace_user_shortcode', 999, 1 );

?>

=== What is mu-plugins? ===
    mu-plugins also called "must use plugins" is auto-activated plugin, that's mean by adding that file inside the "mu-plugins" the code is automatically start functioning without any activation from dashboard.
    If you need to more about mu-plugins, here's the link: https://codex.wordpress.org/Must_Use_Plugins
    In future if you need to deactivate it, just remove that file.

I checked the site is working fine now, please have a look at it, and let me know if that work for you!

Warm Regards,
    Ari

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.