Reporting options for CoursePress

Hello.

When using CPP, can we define a different data set to display on the reports? Our immediate need is to not show the individual questions as graded, but to display a report of all students and their total grade for the selected Course or Unit.

Do we have access to customize the reports? If not, is the data stored in the database non-serialized so that we can build our own SQL query reports?

Thanks

• Milan

Hello @redpupmedia,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Let me go bit by bit to answer your questions.

Do we have access to customize the reports?

No you don't have until you edit plugin's core files which is not advisable as your changes will be lost when you'll update your plugin.

Is the data stored in the database non-serialized so that we can build our own SQL query reports?

To answer you well for this I've contacted our developer to get his valuable view on this. As soon as I get some response from developer I'll reply you back on this. Meanwhile We hope cooperation from you.

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Milan

Hello @redpupmedia,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

I've confirmed with developer that the reports get generated in
    includes/admin/reports.php
    its pretty much hard coded. So I need to see if someone from our SLS( Second Line Support ) staff can work up some code for you. That's why I've flagged one of our SLS staff to assist you better on this. Furthermore Data is stored in the database in posts, so its not serialised. if you want to dig deep into your own "report.php" file will show you how you can do so. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.