reports every hour of DOWN alert: https://www.carrollweiss.com/ appears down

wpmudev is reporting connection refused. i keep getting email alerts that the site is down with trouble connecting or connection refused. but I cannot see what is causing wpmudev to report this. Its happening every hour if not more but when i check the site is up. i would like to verify what is happening and why wpmudev is not showing the site connecting – this could be a symptom if a serious issue but I need more info if possible of what wpmudev is detecting.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Riggs

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

The “connection refused” reason means that either your site itself or the server has rejected a request from our Uptime service. Taking into account that it’s not “constant” but happens every hour or so, I suspect it’s most likely the server anyway.

Our Uptime service attempts to check your site every 2 minutes so while we’re not “fetching entire site” but just checking HTTP response headers’ statuses, it still causes some regular traffic to the server that sometimes/by some hosts might be filtered.

That being said, I think you should start with getting in touch with your host and asking them to check their logs to see if they’re possibly blocking these connection. It would be best if they could white-list at least these IPs:

If they could, in addition to these two above, white-list also this set of IPs it would be even better (as it would also let you be sure that host is not blocking any other services of ours like Smush, SmartCrawl crawls, plugin updates and so on):

Let me know if it helped, please.

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.