Request Entity Too Large Error

Firstly, everyone, this is an amazing product! Hands down one of my favorites from WPMUDev and I'm not just saying that because I'm now asking for help (again). It really is spectacular.

I'm building out the 2nd of 4 units in my first course and on page 5 I'm adding a list of 21 vocabulary words to be defined using the "Answer Field" feature.
I am receiving the following error when I try to add the 7th word (I have units 3 & 4 to still build out with the same structure as 1 & 2):

The requested resource
/(removed)/wp-admin/admin.php
does not allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.

The requested resource
does not allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.

I know this error generally to be related to the max file size to be posted (it's currently set to 50mb) however so far this is a generally small page/unit/course and there is essentially nothing else to this site, yet.

I've opened up Support Access, would you please let me know what I'm doing wrong or what I need to change?

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @jonathanschoel, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

I know this error generally to be related to the max file size to be posted (it's currently set to 50mb)

How is it set to 50 MB presently? Did you add a rule to your .htaccess file?

Just to verify that it's actually set to this, could you create a file called phpinfo.php inside the root of your site, and insert this code into it?

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Please advise,
    Michael

• jonathanschoel
      • WPMU DEV Initiate

I also just installed the update to 1.2.1.1 and am still receiving the same error when adding another vocab word to the unit:

Request Entity Too Large
      The requested resource

I was hoping to continue building my course this weekend...any ideas would be appreciated!
      BTW, I have also extended the remote support feature for another 72 hours as the first one was about to expire.

• jonathanschoel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Well guys, I'm marking this as resolved even though the cause of this error was never found. In fact, as far as I can tell nobody attempted to troubleshoot aside from me.
    I ended up making a new unit to replace the one with the error. I made it with exactly the same content and structure but received no error on the new one. I would have liked to leave the old one up for testing but I have to move on with the course and its duplicates.
    So for anyone else who might come across this problem unfortunately the only thing that worked for me was to delete the unit and start over. Bummer.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.