[Request] Setting default color scheme for adsense is spoiling the themes of our bloggers - Here is

Hi,

I'm testing the ad-sharing plug-in and have to admit that the Adsense ads are really spoiling the majority of the themes. If we could find a better way to integrate the ads into the different themes it would probably reduce the resistance of some users.

Google adsense offer the possibility to override AdSense attributes in the tags (see here). That means that it would be possible to dynamically define the color scheme of the textual add based on the colors used by the theme (for example its background, text color, link color...). All users on the network would have adds that smoothly fit into their design. I really think it would be a great plus for this plug-in.

Please could you consider this possibility?

Thanks

Laurent

• Lorange
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello Aaron

Thank your for the answer. A big sorry! I wasn't aware that user could enter the whole code himself. I thought he would just have to put in his adsense editor number, like he does with the Analytics tracking code (Google analytics plug-in). But maybe this would not be possible with the Adsense system?

Ok, so the user can enter his JavaScript code... Are there any security concerns we should be aware of? I would like to offer this feature on a free and public network.

Thank you

Laurent

• Lorange

I thought he would just have to put in his adsense editor number

I realize now that this assumption was stupid because the system is not limited to Google Adsense.

But I'm still worried about security issues. :disappointed:

• Lorange

Sorry if there is something that I misunderstand but if I were running a closed install for my friends or premium clients I would not bug them with ads. This plugin is more likely to be used on open networks with free registrations, isn't it?

Would it be possible to make this plugin more "secure" or to offer another solution (for example limited to adsense or other advertising solutions defined by super admin)? This way the end user just would have to enter his code (no JavaScript), there wouldn't be any risk for the service, and it would be easier to control the appearance of the ads (see the start of the discussion).

Wouldn't that be a real WPMU ad solution?

• Lorange

For ad sharing users put the code in themselves, so they can choose whatever colors they want.

Actually this is true for their ads. But the ads set by the network administrator will have the same colors on every subsite... and will often look horrible on most subsites.

I don't know how you could do this without setting up custom code for each theme.

Would it be possible to set variables that the network administrator could insert into his ads code?

For example:

%%color1%% = would take the color of the background (as set in the subsite theme)
    %%color2%% = would take the color of the links (as set in the subsite theme)
    %%color3%% = would take the color of the text (as set in the subsite theme)

With this solution we would have nice ads on every subsite and everyone would be happy, even our free members that wouldn't have their design spoiled by horrible ads anymore.

Sorry for my limited english :disappointed:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.