request timed out reports in Uptime

I got 3 requests timed out reports in uptime.

The site is hosted with WPMU DEV. Can you help to find the cause of the Downtime and what does request time our means?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Josie

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

Such a “request timeout” notification may mean that site was down during that time but it doesn’t necessarily have to. It might as well mean that only site didn’t respond to uptime check request fast enough (so it was a bit slower at the moment) or that it silently “ignored” that specific request.

There are multiple possible reasons for this. In logs I see that there are some “slow queries” recorded (which means that at the time being site might have been a bit “overloaded”:wink: and there’s also some indication of increased traffic from some “domaincrawler.com” domain which seem to be some sort of bot/scrapper – that might as well cause increased traffic that kind of “interfered” with uptime check.

Having that said, I”d like to take a closer look at your site’s configuration. Would you please enable support access to the site for me then? To do so, please go to the “WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access” page in site’s back-end, click on “Grant support access” button there and let me know once it’s done as I won’t be notified automatically.

I won’t make any changes on site without your permission but I’d like to check its configuration to see if there’s anything there that could possibly be related to the issue and/or rule out any “lockouts” on “site’s-side”.

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.