Request to support shortcode in Title Field

I would like to ask if it's possible to add shortcode support for your Title field as this will help me create some dynamic SEO applications on my network. Your developers simply have to add 'do_shortcode' to whatever that field is returning.

• Sajid

Hi @Denis Lam! Hope you are doing good today and thanks for your suggestion :slight_smile:

I am moving this thread into Features and Feedback forum. This way we can consider to add in upcoming version of this plugin, by evaluating its popularity amongst our other members. Who can upvote if they also want this feature too.

I am also tagging our senior staff member @Ashok for their valuable feedback on this matter and to find a quick workaround (if possible).

Take care and have a nice weekend :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Ash

Hello @Denis Lam

I hope you are well today.

Please use the following code snippet:

add_filter( 'wds_title', 'allow_sc_in_title' );
    function allow_sc_in_title( $title ) {
    	return do_shortcode( $title );
    }

You can add those codes in your functions.php in the theme, if you think your theme won’t be changed. Otherwise mu-plugins is the best solution. To use mu-plugins, go to /wp-content/ and find the folder with name 'mu-plugins'. If there is no folder in that name, then create a folder, name it 'mu-plugins', create a file inside that, give any name you like and paste the code in there. You don't need to activate that plugin. Mu-plugins means must use plugins, so it will be activated automatically always. If you use mu-plugins then add a php start tag at the beginning of the code.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.