Require answers in coursepress

Hello I want how to require a task without to denied access to the next units, I don't have checked "All require answers and all the pages in order to access the next unit" but still can't access to the next unit if I require a task, and if I just have the task as assessed, if the user select a wrong answer the progress unit appears like 100% so the user going to thing that they complete correctly the unit.

• James Morris

Hello Alejandra,

I hope you are well today.

I'm afraid I'm a tiny bit confused on your question...

If you set User needs to answer all required assessments and view all pages in order to access the next unit this will force requiring the completion of the unit before they can progress to the next, but will not stop them from progressing if they get the wrong answer. It will, however, show in their grade that they got the wrong answer.

If you want to ensure that they pass the questions before progressing to the next unit, you should enable User also needs to pass all required assessments. If you select this option, you may want to set a high number or retries so they can keep trying until they get it right.

If this isn't quite what you're looking for, please give me a little more information of what you're trying to achieve and I'll be happy to help you work through this.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Alejandra

ok the thing is that doesn't work, I want that any student access to all active units always, although then don't answer or have a wrong answer and just mark in the progress circle graph 75% for example if they leave in blank a answer or have a wrong answer.

Now I require all task. For example, if a student have to response 4 questions in the unit, and I have all require task but I have unchecked "User also needs to pass all required assessments and User needs to answer all required assessments and view all pages in order to access the next unit", the student can't go to the next unit.

So then if I don't require any task and just check it each task like assessment, the student can go to the next unit BUT the circle progress graph of the unit mark like 100% although they have a wrong answer and should be 75%.

So then if I require a question work great, mark 75% if they have a wrong question but the problem is that I can't access to the next unit, and if I don't set a task like require, then although the student have a wrong question they mark like 100% just for answer good or bad.

• James Morris

Hello Alejandra,

I've been doing some checking and this may be related to a previously reported bug. However, in order to confirm this, I need to check your site and do some debugging.

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

~OR~

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

Best regards,

James Morris

• Panos

Hi Alejandra ,

As far as I understand, a student should be able to go through units since User needs to answer all required assessments and view all pages in order to access the next unit is not checked. I need to consult the developer about this though to be sure, until hen I have attached a file for you to replace which should allow to move to next unit even if unit has some failed modules. File to replace is :
    wp-content/plugins/coursepress/2.0/include/coursepress/class-module.php

I would recommend to rename original file to class-module.php.txt so you can keep it as a backup. I am not sure if this will be added in any future release, as I need to consult developer first.

if the user select a wrong answer the progress unit appears like 100%

CoursePress doesn't show the score there, it shows the amount of tasks that student has reached.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:
    Kind regards!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.