Requirements / best practices for multi-site

Hi
I want to set up a number of multi-site sites, using Domain Mapping, and have a couple of main areas to figure out:
1) Hosting
I currently host with 1and1, via a shared web host package. This doesn't include a Dedicated IP option, I have to upgrade to a server for that.
So I'm wondering what is the best next step, should I upgrade or are there better hosting options?
2) User Accounts / architecture
I plan to develop the sites to use modules like Woocommerce etc. Are there any considerations I should be aware of re how to set it up, in terms of centralized/distributed user accounts etc.?
Cheers Neil.

• Ash

Hello Neil McEvoy

I hope you already know, wordpress kiils mich memory than other similar types of framework based websites. So, if you think you would have lots of visitors, I would suggest to have a dedicated server or a VPS at least, you can configure NGINX and Apache bridge, varnish for server level cache and a good caching plugin for your site.

I never used 1and1 myself, but I heard they are good.

About your store, are you considering to make a multi vendor site? And you want to take comission on each sale? If so, you can try our marketpress plugin: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce/

If you want to stick to use woocommerce, you can try a theme called Dokan.

And in a multisite, all users are centralized, they just get access to any specific site.

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.