Reservations about Dashboard & Notification Plugin

I have some reservations about the WPMUDev Dashboard and notifications plugin. First, I have too many plugins already. I have to remove several in the past for conflicts, and the ones that remain still cause minor conflicts. Second, I am concerned about increasing the load time on my website, as several of the plugins I have already do. I don't need to add to it. Third, I installed it a few years ago, and when my membership lapsed, it was a pain to get rid of. Have these issues been addressed / thoroughly vetted?

• PC

Hello @wadams92101

Greetings and thanks for your post. Welcome back to the club :slight_smile:

First, I have too many plugins already. I have to remove several in the past for conflicts, and the ones that remain still cause minor conflicts.

I have never seen the current version conflicting with any other plugins. If it does, we always want to fix that asap.

Second, I am concerned about increasing the load time on my website, as several of the plugins I have already do. I don't need to add to it.

The plugin does not run all the time so you do not need to worry about the load on your website. I am using this on a website where I am running 100+ plugins and most of those are used heavily.

Third, I installed it a few years ago, and when my membership lapsed, it was a pain to get rid of.

Its not a pain to get rid of. You can just turn off the notifications in the plugin settings. By default the plugin is only visible to the admin account which installs and activates the plugin on the site. So even if you are delivering the site to a client, if you are not sharing the admin username , they will not see anything.

If you do not want the plugin to show any notifications you can change that as the screenshot below.

I hope that helps.Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.