RESET PASSWORD NOT WORKING- REQUEST FAILED, PLEASE TRY AGAIN

Hi I'm having problems with the 'Reset Password' not working. I'm getting this error message: Request failed, please try again.

I have granted support access. 01/05/2015

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Bryan, Michael here!

I just did the following:

- Created a test account on your site.
    - Went to the page in question, and clicked the "Lost your password?" link.
    - Entered my username, and clicked on "Reset Password".
    - Received the password change email, and proceeded to change my password from the page I was taken to.

And found myself able to log in, I hadn't run into that error in the process. Could you please elaborate on the steps you took, in case I missed something?

Please advise,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Bryan, thanks for your patience here! :slight_smile:

I'd actually tested with your /choices page before, but I just tried adding my test user to the Choices membership, and went through the process to reset my password. When I reset the password, and revisited the /choices page (I entered the link into my browser, as I was initially taken to the Account page after resetting the password), and entered my new login details, I was able to log in without issue.

Could you outline what are the steps you're taking to reproduce this? I wouldn't think them to be real different from my own, but it doesn't hurt to be thorough. :slight_smile:

Also, could you please send in the login details for the test user you're using, just so I can try with that one instead?

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress test user access details (username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.