Reset settings in a plugin on a specific multisite subdomain

Hello Guys.

To understand my question, I will explain the situation first. I've installed WooCommerce PDF Invoice plugin on some subdomains and today I activated it on a new website. But when i generated the invoice ID it wont let me generate a new one.. The customer wanted to change it to something else than just starting from 1, but the plugin wont let me do it again.

So my question, is it possible somehow to reset settings for a plugin or install a plugin "from new" on a subdomain it already is installed on?

Best Regards,
Rasmus.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Rasmus,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with this plugin or if it has an option to remove its data from subsite so my only suggestion would be checking database tables for subsite in question and clearing data from there.

Database tables of subsite will look like this dbPrefix_site_tablename, for example if your DB prefix is wp_ and site ID is 8 and you're looking for options table it will look like this:
    wp_8_options

However I'm not sure which table your plugin uses so you may want to check that with plugin devs first.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Rasmus
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Predrag.

Thanks for the reply.

I've been looking in the database for a couple of hours now and can't seem to find anything that is for this plugin. I've been going through all the database files in that websites database, but it doesn't seem like there is anything regarding this plugin. Do you know a way to indentify which database a plugin uses? I dont have support on the plugin anymore, so can't get help from the developers..

Have a great day!

Best Regards,
    Rasmus

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Rasmus ,

Hope you are well today and won't mind me chiming here. :slight_smile:

Would you please send me copy of your plugin ? Please use described secure way of sending us files here.

Go to our secure contact form here, https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Send in:
    Subject: "Attn: Milan Savaliya"

-Attach your plugin's zip file

and send in your message.

Looking forward to hearing back. :slight_smile:
    Kind Regards,
    Milan

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Rasmus,

Did you check wp_options table, you should see woocommerce_pdf_invoice_settings, woocommerce_pdf_invoice_current_invoice and woocommerce_pdf_invoice_current_year which are related to Woo PDF Invoice plugin and removing those three should do the trick.

Please make sure you have backup ready before making any changes in Database since I'm not familiar with this plugin and not sure if this could affect any other functionality.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Rasmus
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Predrag.

Ohh.. Yeah.. I found them.. For some reason I haven't seen that it has multiple pages on wp_options. I'm sorry for that mistake.

I am not so familiar with working in the database. So if I remove those 3, the plugin should generate them by itself? Is it enough that I just take backup of those 3 files?

Best Regards,
    Rasmus

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Rasmus,

As I mentioned before I'm not familiar with this plugin but essentially yes, after you have removed those tables and then either save plugin settings or reactivating it it should re-create those tables on its own.

If you're sure you're not removing anything else backup of those 3 is enough, however I always prefer having full backup before poking around the DB, better safe than sorry :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Rasmus
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Predrag.

Thanks for all the help. By changing the amount in woocommerce_pdf_invoice_current_invoice I got the number on the next invoice to change, which was okay for my customer. So I think I won't try to delete it, just to be on the safe side.

Have a great weekend!

Best Regards,
    Rasmus

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.