Resetting Upfront Themes and Changing Themes etc.

Hi,

I’m playing around with the Upfront themes and have some newbie questions:

1. On a fresh install and when first activating a theme should the sample page and post that comes with the WP install be deleted prior to installing and activating the Upfront theme?

2. How I can reset a Spirit/Scribe/Fixer/Panino/ so it goes back to the exact same state as when I first install and activate the theme on a fresh install?

3. If I want to change to another Upfront theme on an existing WP site like from Fixer to Scribe and get a completely fresh Scribe installation complete with all the Scribe pages, posts, design and settings and nothing else, how do I do it?

/Johan

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Johan,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1. On a fresh install and when first activating a theme should the sample page and post that comes with the WP install be deleted prior to installing and activating the Upfront theme?

Yes if it's not useful for you then you can delete them.

2. How I can reset a Spirit/Scribe/Fixer/Panino/ so it goes back to the exact same state as when I first install and activate the theme on a fresh install?

You can do so by using the solution posted in the following thread. Just make sure to change the theme name in the SQL query if you use that option to reset the theme.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-do-you-reset-the-spirit-theme-back-to-default-settings#post-849942

3. If I want to change to another Upfront theme on an existing WP site like from Fixer to Scribe and get a completely fresh Scribe installation complete with all the Scribe pages, posts, design and settings and nothing else, how do I do it?

You can get completely fresh Scribe installation complete with all the Scribe pages, posts, design and settings and nothing else by resetting the theme data as described above.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi