Resistance Is Futile!! Mark Makes The Elite As our Newest Life Time Member!!

Congratulations to Mark AKA MTB1701.

I still remember when you first joined, our chats in email and then your conversion to a loyal member, see Resistance really is futile... (I use to be a trekkie, don't laugh)

Thanks for all the hard work Mark, you're truly a great asset to this community!

Take care.

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Thank You! Thank You!
    Please be seated Yes Thank You!

As was writing my acceptance speech I realized I was on chapter 10 and had not made it to thanking my 3rd grade teacher; so as not to hinder my twitter training and preparation I have decided to give a general thanks to everyone. After all I can max out a cell phone text. If you are wondering 7 pages is the max for a cell text. I suppose that’s why they include email service on phone; I think voice calls are only for pizza and Chinese food now!

Thank You! Some of you have really blessed me, both with gifted points, and knowledge. I was really surprised when another member gave me points for letting him help me! I will give a special thanks to @Timothy who saved my lap top the first month when I was about to smash it, over a conflict between a third party plugin and the WPMU Dev dashboard that had just been released. I think Tim knows what the 1701 stands for!

I noticed some members give plugins and other free gifts to members when they get their lifetime membership. I was going to bless you all, but I could not get my PayPal Donate button to stick in the forum! :disappointed: Then I thought I would be kind enough to let the 100,000+ members each make 1 category or slug for my website, that would only leave me 8,812 to do myself, but then I remembered all the answers I got wrong in the forums, and though I better not set myself up like that.

I still cannot get this PayPal button to stick, kind of like the Live Chat here on WPMU Dev; does anyone else have to type their questions out on a word doc, then copy and paste it to the chat, then hold down the enter key and press the left mouse button to send it. Or is the staff just tired of my poor grammar skills?

Seriously though! I am excited about WPMU Dev. It is still a young company, and making great strides towards its perfection. It has great members, and an AWSOME staff line up! I do believe this community will become the statuesque for the WP developer! SO GET THE WORD OUT!

“What’s That” WOW!!! @Mason just said he was going to divide all his points out to everyone on this thread. If you heard him add your +1 ohhh wait let me put in a plugin development request first.

The “vocal do everything plugin”, you just speak to your computer and the plugin writes all the code for what you want to do! Assign it to @Barry. Ok now time for your +1

Thanks everyone for all the points, help, and education! If you get time send me a twitter tweet thing A majig; It’s in my WPMU Dev profile.

“LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!” :slight_smile:

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

I think its a little short, could you write a longer more elaborate version? :wink:

I think voice calls are only for pizza and Chinese food now!

We order from a website called Just Eat, no need for phone and they take card. Tons of takeouts list on there for us. :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

Congrats again.

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

I think its a little short, could you write a longer more elaborate version? :wink:

Yeah I was making up for not making valedictorian in high School
    So I am trying to get it out my system for twitter! lol

We order from a website called Just Eat, no need for phone and they take card. Tons of takeouts list on there for us. :slight_smile:

Some places let you order online here, but they loose the order "A LOT"

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Thanks fella’s

@Tom.eagles

I thought about trying the Buy me a bear button too!

@Mason I am wondering what happen if a person gives away points and fall below 1,000, does that take away his trophy? Not that i am planning it, but i do like to give points away!

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@MTB1701 Damn you want a bear ? 1000+ points wasn't enough lol, me i would just be happy with beer (oh yeah another 932 pts would help also!!

@Mason I am wondering what happen if a person gives away points and fall below 1,000, does that take away his trophy? Not that i am planning it, but i do like to give points away!

wanna try an experiment ? i will find you a bear lol

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Congratulations @MTB1701 Man you just blew right past me too. Well deserved I must ad. If you want to check out to see if you lose status by falling below 1,000 you can send them my way just to test it out. Then if it does... in a couple of hours you'll be the first person I know to make it into the honor elite group twice. Also you'd have the added bonus of delivering yet another wonderful acceptance speech. LOL

Way to Go! I hope to be there soon...

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Alan / Dean thank you both!

@Alan how is your sons charity doing?

@Dean Just keep posting and helping you will be there in no time. I still am researching a lot of personal projects, so i spend a lot of time here. Everytime you post a question try and answer 3-5 and those Gifted points will rack up fast.

@tom.eagles I am allergic to barley malt so beer makes me violent; I prefer “Old Number 7” when I want to tie one on; it makes me giggle like a kindergartener. Usually too busy to drink though!

And yes fella’s i have decided to divide all but 999 points among everyone that post to this thread, so i can know that answer.

"I guess curiosity can kill a Lion too! :disappointed:

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

@rohmann Thank you!
    @Tomasz Thank you!

@uc Thank you!
    Did you use the directory plugin for your classifieds and directory? Just wondering if that option worked out for you!

I guess i could have thank you all on 3 different post and got you all more points to share. lol J/K Mason! :slight_smile:

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

@Timothy

I was just reading that email i sent you that day! lol ohh wow i guess i was mad! lol i am sorry for some of those comments. Although they would be funny to hear someone else say; I would prefer not to be the one who said it. I see why you remember it!

Thanks Tim! You are good man!

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Thanks @David H

I have bee trying to get my BOTF ISO to install ever since @Timothy posted this thread. Well minus the time i spent preparing my speach. lol

I am ready to wipe out some Cardasians. lol

Check this, I do not watch much TV and reality TV is really not my thing, When i first seen the title "Keeping up with the Cardashians" I thought it was a new Star Trek DS9 spin-off. :disappointed:

I was not happy to see a bunch of well never mind, I just wanted to see Cardassians, space battles, and Warp Drives. :slight_frown:

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Thanks @aristath! You will be there before the end of the month, I look forward to seeing staff under your Gravatar one day. :slight_smile:

Ya it is, because it relies upon someones generosity and I suppose partly knowledge because at first not everyone might realise what giving points mean.

So true! I remember other new members giving like 1 or 2 points for helping them, "They only had a few points themselves"; Then @Atlanta gave me 10 points just for trying to help her. That was my first real sign of hope. Then as the staff starts seeing you help people, they will reward you as well.

ummm, The staff that rewards points most often for helping others; @aecnu @Kimberly @PC.

Also i have to admit, anytime you see a developer suggest a plugin to someone save the link. Chances are if you share it with someone, staff will bless you with some points for a good find. I took a link to a slider that @Paul recomended, and turned it into i think about 20 points in a month. It is not cheating, but sharing what is shared with you. Thanks Paul!

I better stop, had a few cocktails at the fish fry today! Might end up with another chapter. lol Happy Holiday, and to all a good night/day/evening/morning, gotta love a global community!

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

So @MTB1701 coctails? sounds like fun as long as they don't have (was it barley?)
    Any way you forgot to mention @ginaB and @PCwriter as they were generous with points as well. I haven't seen their names in a bit and I really miss the blue balloons.

Have a good one...

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Yes G was good about sharing points as well, I am concernd, Much Prayer, i am also concernd about Kimbelry with the hurricain and all. PC Writter did nt give me any points, but he shared a really kewl plugin wit us all.

So @MTB1701 coctails? sounds like fun as long as they don't have (was it barley?)

Barly NOPE! "Old Number 7" My cheeks hurt hurt from laughing so much! lol Probably from talking a lot, too!!! :slight_smile:

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@MTB1701

Chances are if you share it with someone, staff will bless you with some points for a good find. I took a link to a slider that @Paul recomended, and turned it into i think about 20 points in a month. It is not cheating, but sharing what is shared with you. Thanks Paul!

I agree that is not cheating. Just working the system the way it was designed. Welcome to the 1000 points club!

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Thanks @Paul / @dscostu

@Paul When i divide up the over 999 points you get 2 points for evereyone elses 1 point.

We are going to get you over 1,000 real soon! :slight_smile: Got any more really kewl links send to me, and i will split all the points with ya! :slight_smile:

• James Dunn
    • The Crimson Coder

Congratulations @MTB1701 (Mark).

I thought I had posted my congrats when this was originally posted, but I see that I don't have them posted here, so it must have gotten eaten by FireFox during one of its hiccups.

Regardless, welcome to the Lifetime Members club. Glad you are here. Seems just a couple of weeks ago we were discussing my closing in on that milestone and now you have done the same thing.

Looking forward to interacting with you far into the future.

Have a productive week.

James Dunn
    Athens, GA USA

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@MTB1701
    Congratulations Mark! Your step up is well earned!

I've been very busy with other projects (and Life's challenges) lately, so haven't been around the forums much. So big congrats to others I have missed: @JamesDunn & @Jonathan

And it looks like @aristath and @Dean Kaus will be joining everyone very soon...

The more the merrier! :slight_smile:

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

@Patrick AKA PCWrtier
    Thank you! It was not to long ago we was celebrating your achievement(s). I hope the life challenges are not to challenging! I pray that they only makes you stronger! :slight_smile: If not find a friend to help you crush em. My favorite method of solving overwhelming challenges is very simple. 9v battery, speaker wire, sulfur, black powder, and buckshot! J/K :slight_smile:

@JamesDunn
    It was just last week we were celebrating your achievement. On my GREAT DAY the lionesses decided i should still have to mow the lawn, did you get such treatment in your castle? I do wish i had listen to them because now it has rained the last 4 days. :disappointed:

To all my fellow Yankees, Happy holiday, find an American Warrior and thank them for their service, Personally i will be glad to end this 4 days of gluttony and indulgence. well maybe the gluttony :wink:

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Hello @Patrick I was wondering if everything was ok since I hadn't heard or seen you here in a while. So the name change may have avoided some of my attempts to get you included in some of the threads.

If you ever need anything I think you have my number, just call, Anytime.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@Dean Kaus

Yup, changing display name may have interrupted communications :slight_frown:

Things are slowly getting back to what passes for "normal" in my family these days. My Dad's had a number of strokes in the last couple of years, and now requires 24/7 in-home care. I thank God he had the foresight to get me a step-mom who's 20 years younger than he is! He'll be 84 next month, and I'm (selfishly, I'll admit) hoping we get to see 85.

@MTB1701

Sorry for hijacking this thread for a quick personal update :slight_smile:

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

@Patrick

Sorry for hijacking this thread for a quick personal update :slight_smile:

Your joking right? I am longest winded people person i know! I love to see people communicate and get along and update one another.

I only get bothered when people start putting others down to exalt themselves over others.

So really! You feeling free to talk to others on this thread is sort of an honor! :slight_smile:

Besides i am off to a BBQ! Yipeee! It has been an Awesome 5 days for me. Just wish i had got some work done. lol

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Thanks Troy!

I haven't seen you in the forums the past few days. Maybe because i have been in and out.

Glad you stopped in, i am going to divide all my points over 999 to see if it takes away my trophy. lol

I am really exited to write another acceptance speech. lol j/k

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

@aristath

Since i decided to invest time in this community, and hope for a brighter future year after year, i have been watching different members!

Since the day you contributed all the Urber Cart locations, i have followed a lot of your threads!

I believe you will / are a great asset to this community! And i remember you stated on @Timothy on twitter that your account was about to be do!

Now do what you need to do to get that staff badge under your Gravatar! :slight_smile:

Beside; i am going to lay low for a month and write another acceptance speech, and see if i can trick someone into welcoming me as a "New" life time member. hehehe

• aristath
    • Recruit

@MTB1701 that's exactly the way I see it... I use these plugins on a daily basis to make a living, it's only fair that I contribute whatever I can, helping them achieve perfection.
    Many members have helped me in this community, including you! Your posts were always helpful, thank you!

By the way those locations still haven't been included in MarketPress... perhaps I should revisit that issue. :wink:

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@MTB1701

Thanks for the points! You're just spreading the joy, aren't you? :slight_smile:

Getting the trophy back would be a nice thing, but there's nothing like that "cherry high" of the first time.

Cherish that in all things, and all things can be new again.

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

@in-mn

Thats was a pretty cool move :slight_smile:

No matter what i get myself into, or who i find myself dealing with; i have always lived by one rule. "A Man Is Bound By His Word" I stated i would divide points to all that posted on this thread. So even though i planned on keeping 999 points wit 1 post to 1000. I was at 997 and realized i still had to give out some points. lol

@Patrick

Cherish that in all things, and all things can be new again.

I love these nuggets you post! One day i hope to pick your brain for all that knowledge! That type of knowledge has to come from life experience! Besides i might use some of them in my next book! lol With permission of course! :slight_smile:

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

@MTB1701 Thank you so much for the points. I really appreciate them!

So i know that you're preparing your new accptance speech and what I'll do is prepare the music score that comes up if you go overtime... LOL Sorry I couldn't resist.

Thanks Again and @aristath I don't know if they posted your lifetie yet if not I want to be one of the first ones to congradulate you! Also thanks to @MTB1701 for helping make that happen. Also love the new photo of the lion, did you do that or is it stock photo. Later....

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

I'll do is prepare the music score that comes up if you go overtime... LOL Sorry I couldn't resist.

can we use the smurf song? La La La lalalala La La La La :slight_smile:

Also love the new photo of the lion, did you do that or is it stock photo. Later....

have a bunch of them saved! We joke and say we live like a "Lion Pride". In many ways that true! When So far working together we have a 100% success rate, when we get off on our own task we tend to struggle. It is all about knowing each others weaknesses and covering them each others strengths, and knowing when we need outside help. lol :slight_smile:

I am actually a dog lover, but "Lion Prides" are much more successful than a pack of wild dogs, lol And makes a better logo!

• James Dunn
    • The Crimson Coder

Hey @tom.eagles

So you have that problem, too. Seems like I spend too much time playing "chase the check" and not enough time actually working. I'm either trying to pick up a check from a client or get their check to the bank before my check hits and creates an overdraft. Anyone got a cutting from a money tree that I can get. Mine died.

JDD

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@JamesDunn yeah am way over extended at the moment with a few new projects which require some heavy pre-investment so running on a shoe string budget, which sucks. False economy even worse when ya have to juggle going monthly and use funds elsewhere or go for the yearly membership. All fun n games though

• James Dunn
    • The Crimson Coder

Oh @tom.eagles, do I ever understand that. I was fortunate that a client of mine bought me an annual membership when it was on AppSumo so that gave me a year to dig in without worrying about that monthly fee. Plus, it was a way that he could pay me something for what I was doing without it actually coming out of his pocket - he just put this on his credit card. I've had to find creative ways to get paid for things that help clients pay me and keep me with the tools I needs. LOL.

But, it's all part of the fun-n-games I guess.

Take care.

JDD

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

@tom.eagles

Ya missed the point divide, and i GLADLY got bumped from the feature post to make room for Aristath. So you got your 10 points coming like everyone on this thread did.

@dscostu

It was my pleasure!

@tom.eagles @dscostu @in-mn @uc @Alan @Dean Kaus @rohmann @Tomasz @David H @troycdunn

Check this out peeps! If you help any member find a solution to a problem, and that person says it has been resolved before a staff member responds to them; i will give you 5 points

If you help the member and but the staff id the one that give the respond that resolves the problem i will give you one point.

But if the staff responds to the thread you have to back off and let them handle it, unless the member or staff say otherwise, or you do not get any points.

When you help on a thread post it back here with the name of the Plugin, theme, or problem clearly stated. This will let us all save them to folders on our desktop and have archives to help people in the future. Please post five at a time, just save the URL to a text doc. and send in groups of 5.

Now if @Mason says no way! then this offer is void! :slight_smile:

@Alan
    Take snip shots of your points when i give them to you, i would hate to see them vanish! lol :slight_smile:

@JamesDunn
    30% up front another 50% half way through and the final 20% upon completion. This is the best way to deal with that. The money tree HA! ya better move to California! :slight_smile:

Ohhh @JamesDunn you, Tim, and myself was talking about a plugin that you said had a lot of potential. Arnold gave me a beta release of it, he said i could share it with you! So email me and i will send to you!

@tom.eagles
    I love that trophy! Ya know i have too download it don't you! I think that will be the MTB1701.com "Most Popular Artist Award" Very Very nice! I will have to find a company to make one! Thank You! Awesome surprise!

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Yeah that is an actual "Lions Club Trophy"

It is a very good org, but i think they will require permission to use it. Maybe have to use something other than Crystal too! I will prepare an email for them Monday, and find out. I really do like it!

Are you a member of the Lions Club or just stumbled across it?

• James Dunn
    • The Crimson Coder

Goodday @MTB1701

I have no trouble collecting the initial monies - I usually get 40-50% up from, then try to pick up 20-25% at two or three other points. It's the monthlies that I usually end up chasing. My software bills out on the 1st or the 15th (depending on which group they are in) and I find myself around the 15th trying to find someone (or several) that have not paid by then. But, at least I'm working at home, in the A/C, and not on a construction site like I was when I was a builder - and still had to chase the check. LOL.

BTW, Mark, I don't have your email address that I know of. But mine is james at jamesddunn dot com...be sure to put BOTH D's in my domain name or an attorney in California will get it. He and I have crossed emails many times over the years.

I've not gotten back to that concept yet. I got the code from Tim and then discovered that my financial life was in disarray - through no fault of my own. Apparently, Amazon (although they claim it didn't happen on their end) got hacked and my account was one of many that was compromised. I got an email saying my email address had been changed (which can't be done without your password). I thought it was a phishing email, so I went straight to Amazon. Discovered it had been.

Bottom line, ALL my Amazon stuff was compromized - not just my buyer account. I couldn't access client files on AmazonS3, Cloudfront, or anything else. Oh, but they still billed me like normal. When I contacted their support, they gave me a simple solution - "just create a new account. No worries." Yeah, but the Gigs of data for client websites would be gone. Second solution - "Sorry, just create a new account". I spent all day hassling with them until I got someone that actually cared and they dug in to find that I did get compromised. By that time, they clown had hit my payment solutions in my account, added additional credit cards (probably all stolen) racked up a ton of orders that were going out next day on my PRIME account, and who knows what else.

I've spent the past week or so making sure all my login ID's and passwords were changed. I had to cancel my ATM card and get new ones - took over a week to get them.

Bottom line, although I lost no money in this, the headache and aggravation cost me. So, I've been less than productive this past week or so. Even my writing for WPMU.org has suffered (Sorry @James). I've been expecting anything and preparing for it all.

But, I'm still trying to work and I think I'm probably better protecting now than I've ever been. (Where's some quality wood to knock on?)

Anyway, just shoot me an email when you get a chance.

Thanks.

JDD

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Hello @MTB1701 and @tom.eagles From my past experience of the Lions club association in the US. you can only use the approved lions logo (or any of it's custom design work) for official Lions club business. You can also use the logo if you are a current member in active status on your web or business sites only to say that you are a member of the Lions Club.

For the trophy I can see a couple of potential problems with the copyright design. The reason i know this is that I had created a flyer to help raise funds for a Lions club member and used an image (that was provided to me) and their logo in the flyer. Turns out that the guy who had been a lifelong member forgot to pay his dues and didn't get approval to associate the fundraiser with the lions club. even though I clearly made it know that it was not an official Lions club fundraiser and had only listed all of his associations and service he did for the community over the last 50 years of his life. What did he get in return? A $1,000 fine, they justified that fee by saying that if they went to court it could have been up to $250,000 plus jail time! Can you believe that crap. Ironically the company who designed the trophy had no problem using the image of their trophy however the Lions club had exclusive rights over the image of the trophy.

I really wish I could give specific names, dates etc... of the entire case however after I initially tweeted about the problems, my twitter account was promptly shut down and frozen until the case was over. Thankfully I didn't get fined but that would probably change if I gave specifics.

So the best thing to do is to NOT contact the local Lions Club, but the Lions Club Association Headquarters to get permission to use anything with their name on it.

Just my 2 cents worth...

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

@MTB1701 Speaking of photos Mark I was wondering if you took that photo of the Lion or is that a stock photo. Just wondering if you got that at the St Louis Zoo. We've never been but some friends were there a couple of months ago and also had some great shots of the Lions. Anyway hope your house sells in a timely manner and at the price you need.

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

@MTB1701 @aristath and @JamesDunn Yes Sigfried and Roy had both Lions and Tigers that were white. I don't recall weather or not they are considered Albino or not as the eyes If memory serves me (I was in the 5th row at one of their shows) did have color.

I tell you that you can't appreciate the awesomeness of these huge cats unless you're right next to them.

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

@aristath

Thank you! That will go nicely with my white lion image collection. I have never seen one with blue eyes before. I have some images of an entire white lion pride. It was a reserve that bread two white lions, over many years. Most of the time there will only be 1 white lion in a litter, and not every litter. Very rare in the wild. And white tigers are beautiful too, but they are loners, and not very effective hunters once their pray notices them. The male lion Roars and scares the prey into the jaws of his lionesses. They seldom starve or run from anything. lol

@JamesDunn you're right, they had both white tigers and lions!! (I never saw them either... it's on wikipedia. :stuck_out_tongue: )

I had to Wikipedia it too!

@Dean Kaus

I have many images of lions. Some from the web, both free and paid,, and many that people send me. If you study the lions way of life, it works well for humans. You will not find a more confident group of animal on the planet. When the Romans would make lion and tigers fight in the Colosseum, One on one the tiger would beat the lion 80% of the time. Once they added lions the tigers would never when, i think Nero was so amazed that he tried 15 tigers against 3 lions, and the lions were the victors. The tigers would fight each other and the lions, but the lions always worked together. The lions biggest threat are hyenas, only when the lions are alone!

I tell you that you can't appreciate the awesomeness of these huge cats unless you're right next to them.

Check this out! We are loading more up to our fb pages later this week!

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Thanks for following up! I'm getting pretty excited about the lifetime membership. i promise to keep my acceptance shorter than most of my posts.

hehehe splerg baby splerg hahahhaaa

Haven't heard. I was surprised to see it was the other peoples Realtor, and not the one hired. + they showed up 30 minutes early! evidently when it is listed under msl# any Realtor can show it. So we get a bunch of strangers walking through the house while we are not there. :disappointed:

It will go quickly, houses do not usually go up for sale in this neighborhood. Mostly retired Prophesiers, federal and county judges, lawyers, doctors, blah blah blah. "all the people i've tried to avoid most my life" lol

Really like it here, and the neighbors, but want to by some land for industrial green houses. I have been studying Israeli horticulture for the past 2 years, and figure with the solar cycle causing drought through all of 2013 food prices will be high enough to pay them off. "Believing for an Issac moment"

Just a simple step to my plan of global dominance. lol J/K well maybe J/K "PMSL"

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Mark,

I missed this post for some "Some Unknown Reasons" lol

Shh... (**Hide from Mark** - I am jealous of his Gravatar :wink: that is why I did not post :wink:)

Congratulations on "Being a part of" "The league of Extraordinary Gentlemen"

Its well deserved and well earned :slight_smile:

Wish you all the luck in your life ahead.... We will meet some day and share a couple of drinks (Not necessarily Alcoholic - But I would prefer it :wink: )

Cheers
    PC

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

@PC

Yes i think i put @mason in a uncomfortable / unnecessary position last week, so i figure a more professional approach to the community is the best way to honor him! :slight_smile:

I really like all of you, Most of my friends are all real world friends, and they are many! This is the first time i have really interacted with people in the virtual world. It is weird how you can actually be concerned for people you have never actually met.

Like when Kimberly was going through the hurricane i was concerned, and I am still concerned for G (Blue Balloons) as i don't know if by displaying the actual photo as the gravartar made much trouble, or Dean Kaus with all the stress he is under, or when you see a staff member working many hours around the clock in the forums, and all the request on the developers, and the lack of gratitude for their efforts, and then you realize that a lot of people are not just here to make money from clients, but they are here pursuing a personal dream!

It becomes hard to view everything as a virtual world because there are real people involved. It is very very weird for me really!!!! :disappointed:

My girls said they better not catch me in privet chats with other girls; that is what made me realize all of this!

Sorry i just gave you book! lol Teach you to ask about my trophy's huh lol J/K

Thanks For all you do PC, I hope i can help you someday!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Mark,

That is a really nice post :slight_smile:

Its really nice to know that we care for each other, no matter if we are miles away but yeah, all of us exist :slight_smile:

Hoping to meet you some day !

My girls said they better not catch me in privet chats with other girls; that is what made me realize all of this!

lol :wink:

Cheers
    PC

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Hoping to meet you some day !

I am sure we will, i have a trip planned for S.E. Asia late 2013 / or early 2014.

Philippines, Mayalaisa, Cambodia, Thailand, and India.

I hope to network with India's cotton farmers to break the noose that has been placed around their neck, maybe get some ghost chili extract too! Mayalasia, Cambodia, and Thailand could have awesome food production potential. All of this would make the world a better place, not to mention China and India will need more and more food as time goes on!

I am sure we will meet, We will drag @Arun Basil Lal out for drinks as well! lol

• successfulgeek
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

MTB1701 - Congrats to you on achieving this. You have been a big help encouraging me to get more involved in the community and now I am actually thinking about working on my own plugin because of it. I am still not a programmer but thanks to getting involved I have been pointed to some great resources that makes getting started a lot easier.

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

@successfulgeek

I too want to learn how to write plugins, i have decided to first learn about themes so i can better understand how plugins and themes work together. I started by turning the twenty-eleven theme into every theme design i need.

Next i hope to help with beta testing so i can see what gets changed in the code to correct bugs. I then will attempt to hack current plugins to fit my needs, then attempt to write one. lol

Keep helping people like you have been, and you will get your life time membership quickly.

When you give a wrong answer, just save the thread in a folder to review next time someone needs help. That is how i am learning.

Glad to have met you successfulgeek, You will do well here!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I am sure we will, i have a trip planned for S.E. Asia late 2013 / or early 2014.

Philippines, Mayalaisa, Cambodia, Thailand, and India.

Wow, it would be nice. would have fun :slight_smile:

I am sure we will meet, We will drag @Arun Basil Lal out for drinks as well

That should be quite interesting :wink:

Cheers
    PC

• successfulgeek
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

@MTB1701 - starting with themes definitely makes sense, most of what I want the plugin that I need to do is in the backend anyway though. Basically setting my whole business up to run from Wordpress.

Could be dangerous, but could also be awesome :wink:

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Yeah i had was using drupal, but now the project has become so unorganized. We were considering employing engineers to keep D6 and D7 up-to-date for our needs, then realized, we could learn WP quickly, and teach just about anyone the basics in a short time.

WPMU Dev has everything we need to reach our goals, but need a few changes here and there in plugins. Nothing that stops us from proceeding.

We only have troubles when we do jobs for other people who have odd request.. We really try and stay focused on our goals and learn as we go. We really only take on others work as charity, or a NetWorking experience.

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

YeeeeeeAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

@Arun Basil Lal posted to my thread. Yipeee!!!!

*loses count*

Hmmmm, So far from home, Does your king still release prisoners on his birthday???

But!!!! I can NetWork and prosper anywhere!!! :slight_smile:

So the 1st Gallon of Tennessee No. 7 is on me!

We will use it to wash down the ghost chili hot wings.

Still need Joe to post! How can we trick him, ohhhh

Hey @aecnu I got a new disclaimer for you!

"My views are not my own, they are the views of all People, Nations, and tongues; only many do not yet realize this; the sooner you accept this the sooner we can agree. Thank you for allowing me to express your opinions."

Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Mark!

Congratulations!

Sorry for the delay in getting in here, by the title I did not realize what was happening there.

Thank you for all your help in the past and you certainly earned and deserve your lifetime membership!

Look forward to seeing you and conversing with you long into the future.

Cheers, Joe

Disclaimer:
    ***My views are my own and should not reflect on the WPMU Dev management. Furthermore people like all of you; that think they know everything; Are very annoying to those of us that do. "Sorry! That question is below my skill level" ***

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Sorry for the delay in getting in here, by the title I did not realize what was happening there.

lol yeah i just noticed he did not put my U/N in the title. Now i know what Kimberly meant when she said @Timothy i blame you! LMAO

Might explain why a few people have not commented. lol I think Tim was getting revenge for that first email i sent him! That's what it is.

I am not made though! I got the L/T Membership, and for a while i had the trophy, and points. lol

Thanks Everyone!!! AND "Tim" :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Mark!

No doubt not putting your "MTB" in there prevented a lot of people from knowing who you are and has prevented the certain comments that would have come.

But never the less, we certainly appreciate your presence in the community.

Sincerely,

Joe

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Maybe just as well everyone didn't comment, all these forum notifications in my inbox and my support feed filling up :wink:

ha ha.

:disappointed:

Wise Guy!!!! Start calling you "Psycho Paul" off Ideal with his two separate tone of voice, lol "

While talking to his boss: "OH OK I WILL BE SURE TO TELL THEM; OK BYE"

Then talking to his gang: "oooKAAAY boooyss heeeerrreee wwwhhhhaaaat goonnnnaaa doooo"

Thanks for all your help Tim shake off the error, i am going to sneak another LT membership speech in; in a few months anyway! lol

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.