Things I have done:
1. Created child theme of default theme and activated
2. Made an empty folder style.css into child theme and inserted the top stuff that goes there. Child theme seems to work fine so I think I did that right.
3. Created funtions.php empty folder into child theme
-- I tried copying it into child but got error. I read somewhere to make an empty folder of funtions.php
4. Copied default.css into child theme. Was this suppose to be an empty folder too? I copied the whole thing into it.
5. Just to test how to change the header size to 300 I changed this line in the default themes functions.php folder because I didn't know what to copy and paste into the child funtions.php empty folder:
// The height and width of your custom header. You can hook into the theme's own filters to change these values.
// Add a filter to bp_dtheme_header_image_width and bp_dtheme_header_image_height to change these values.
define( 'HEADER_IMAGE_WIDTH', apply_filters( 'bp_dtheme_header_image_width', 1250 ) );
define( 'HEADER_IMAGE_HEIGHT', apply_filters( 'bp_dtheme_header_image_height', 300 ) );
6. I changed where it says height from auto to 300 in the child default.css folder:
background: #1fb3dd; /* Old browsers */
background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #1fb3dd 0%, #1fb3dd 15%, #394c79 100%); /* FF3.6+ */
background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,#1fb3dd), color-stop(15%,#1fb3dd), color-stop(100%,#394c79)); /* Chrome,Safari4+ */
background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, #1fb3dd 0%,#1fb3dd 15%,#394c79 100%); /* Chrome10+,Safari5.1+ */
background: -o-linear-gradient(top, #1fb3dd 0%,#1fb3dd 15%,#394c79 100%); /* Opera11.10+ */
background: -ms-linear-gradient(top, #1fb3dd 0%,#1fb3dd 15%,#394c79 100%); /* IE10+ */
background: linear-gradient(top, #1fb3dd 0%,#1fb3dd 15%,#394c79 100%); /* W3C */
7. I uploaded my new header and activated
The new header shows up, but still at the same crappy little default size.
What did I do wrong?