Response page on paypal not evident

How do I get a response page from Paypal? After the payment is taken it stays on paypal's page, but I want it to go the product they just purchased.

Also I would like it to go directly to the credit card taking page and not a paypal login page.

• Jack7
    • New Recruit

Howdy.

For the first question, you need to set that up in your checkout process settings. You will find something that allows you to choose where you want customers to be redirected to after successful payment.

For your second question, you can't do that with paypal standard. You'll need to upgrade to a paid version of paypal.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Jim,

Thank you for the great question.

This is what I suggest you do is in your profile on PayPal make sure that you have PayPal IPN enabled and a URL of some sort in the Notification URL spot.

Next go live of course, the PayPal sandbox is erratic at best and several people just today struggling trying to work in sandbox found there installations (though other plugins) were working just fine in live mode.

The reason when being redirected to PayPal you are brought straight to the PayPal log in is probably because your Browser has a PayPal cookie in it and PayPal recognizes your computer via the browser cookie.

It is best practice to develop with one browser and to test with another. Personally i develop with Firefox and test with Chrome and empty Chromes cache and cookies on a regular basis.

Please advise if these suggestions take care of the issues reported in this ticket.

Looking forward to hearing from you in any event.

Cheers, Joe

• Jpforte
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Excellent, I have the developer panel in Firefox and after deleting the cookies for paypal, it did indeed go to the credit card page.

However, it does ask to create a paypal password. Which is undesirable any way to get rid of that>

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Jim,

Thank you for the additional question and unfortunately no. That is completely controlled on PayPal's side and nothing can be done about it unless PayPal themselves does it.

Have a GREAT weekend and thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.