Responsive and autoplay Youtube video

I want to embed a youtube video inside the pop and that the video auto-plays when the user click an element. The display on click is set but I need the video autoplay and the video be responsive inside the popup.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello hughred22

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

I want to embed a youtube video inside the pop and that the video auto-plays when the user click an element.

You are referring popup as element here right ? What I got is that you want to create popup which opens up when user click on some element and as soon as it opens up, you want to start youtube video in it to play ?

Is it right or I am missing something ? Please advise.
    Cheers,
    Milan

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello hughred22,

I hope you're well today!

This would require custom coding based on YouTube iframe API. This post along with associated example (linked from the post) should help:

http://stackoverflow.com/a/34393883/3408384

An example given in that post refers to a "regular HTML" page that's not WordPress generated so in this case you'd want to take into account the way WP handles YouTube embeds and after adjusting the code wrap it in a simple plugin (either regular plugin or an mu-plugin). You may also want to post a question on custom coding job at our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Best regards,
    Adam

• hughred22
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Well, if just pure HTML and JavaScript, I know how to do that with YouTube APIs. The whole point of using WordPress and WPMU popup plugin is the ease of setting this up without coding. As the Popup use special JS code to get my click action, and them trigger an event to open the popup. It will be making a whole lot more senses if the Popup plugin JS code to check if there is an embeded YouTube video and play it immediately if so (and not in Mobile of course). This is VERY STANDARD function. And JS popup script have that. I am just very surprised MPWU Popup Pro plugin do not have that or come standard... I think you guys should serious considering adding this support to YouTube and Vimeo embed.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello hughred22

Hope you are well today and thanks for your deep insight on this. :slight_smile:

I believe this is quite good and nice feature to be supported by our plugin. So Would you please be kind and create new thread in "Feature" category so that other community member can also show their support for this.

Just note that if plenty of member show their support for this, our developer may think about adding this in near future. Its not confirmed that it will surely be included but this is best we can do for now. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:
    Cheers,
    Milan

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello hughred22!

Unfortunately I'm not able to post in forums "in your name" but there's another way :slight_smile: That said, I'm moving this thread to our "Features and Feedback" forum and this would be the same as you'd post a new post there.

Let's then hope that more members of WPMU DEV community will support the idea and if it gains more votes our Growth Team will consider implementing it to one of the future plugin's releases.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.