Responsive theme to replace Gridmarket & Marketpress combination

I’ve spent many months building an ecommerce marketplace with MarketPress and Gridmarket, including modifying underlying files. I see Gridmarket is now “legacy” on your site, which generally indicates support will be waning. I now realize going forward I should be using a responsive theme. I see SimpleMarket is responsive but that choice puts me back in the legacy category (less support, fewer updates).

Please recommend a responsive theme or themes that will allow me to use what I’ve learned and customized while combining MarketPress with Gridmarket. I’m looking for an easy transition and don’t see Upfront as an option, unless you have a “starter” theme comparable to Gridmarket coming real soon.

Thanks.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi, Andy!

We’re still supporting the legacy themes. We’re encouraging members to switch over to one of the Upfront themes if it suits them, but we’re not planning on discontinuing any of the legacy themes at this time. While it’s not as actively developed as it once was, we’ve still got a developer assigned to do critical updates as needed. If you like FrameMarket/GridMarket or SimpleMarket, and it works for you, you can keep using it without worrying about us not helping out if you need us. We know a lot of members are using the store themes, so we won’t yank them away.

That being said, if you’d still like to find a new theme, most of the MarketPress functionality is in the plugin itself, it’s not reliant on a particular theme. I’ve set up MarketPress stores on a variety of themes, from default WordPress themes to some of the popular ThemeForest themes, and it’s fairly easy to work with within all the themes I’ve tried. Switching themes always means making a lot of adjustments, but I found most themes will display MarketPress products and store pages very well, and those that don’t can be fixed with a little CSS. If there’s something particular you need to accomplish with a new theme, let me know and I can walk you through specifics.

Thanks for your question, and have a nice weekend.

• Twedros
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Why not try an upfront theme? I did and it was well worth the transition. Sure there will be areas that you need to do over, but the major things (like product downloads) remain intact. I transitioned my site from “Flexmarket” to the Upfront theme “Scribe” within a few hours. Just like with Gridmarket, I spent hours trying to customize small things with coding. Upfront allows me to do anything I can imagine. Now my site has a polished look and it was fairly easy to do. Check it out yourself. https://faroutfab.com

• Andy
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks for the suggestion Twedros. Gave this a try but found the Upfront + Scribe design process challenging and the results unsatisfactory. Am now working with another responsive theme. You were clearly more successful. Your site looks great!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.