Responsive Vimeo Video embed would be just super hero like!

Dear WPMU EV Team.
I love Upfront. But I miss three things!

1) Responsive Vimeo Video embed like the YouTube one you have.
2) The ability to move elements into elements. I use a "tab" element and use a call to action in each tab. I want to use the "button" element inside the "tab" element. If I try to drag a button into a tab things just don't happen. :slight_smile:
3) Better Picture and layout formatting inside elements. Working on a normal page is just fantastic. As soon as you start to work on the content of a "tab" element things become soooooooo different. You loos 84% of the GUI Power of upfront! That is always somewhat disappointing.

Thank You
Keep up the great work.
Vassi

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Vassi,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

As for Vimeo embeds. Currently there's no "Vimeo" element in Upfront but I agree that would make a great feature as Vimeo is very popular service. There's a workaround however that you may find useful. In order to embed Vimeo videos you may use standard WordPress embed shortcod like this:

[embed]here_goes_vimeo_url[/embed]

This shortcode can be placed anywhere in your posts/pages content but also as a content of "Text" element (as a clean text). It's not responsive but allows you to embed Vimeo movies anywhere.

The shortcode will use default video size so in order to make it bigger/smaller you may want to add "width" and "height" parameters to it.

As an addition, this plugin seems to do quite a good job if it comes to making these embed responsive:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/responsive-video-embeds/

I tested this with Spirit (one of Upfront themes) on my own setup and it performed very well.

As for nesting elements inside other elements. We're well aware that some features are not fully usable yet and our developers are working hard on adding new features to Upfront, improving existing ones and making it all as user-friendly and handy as possible. There's a lot of improvements coming up and I'm sure soon Upfront will bring yet another new quality! I'm not able to give you any ETA on this but there'll be a big update in future that should solve most of those issue.

Pretty much the same applies to performance issues, except developers are fixing some of the step-by-step with every Upfront update.

That said, I'm really grateful for your suggestions!

If you have any further questions or need more assistance, please let me know and I'll be glad to help!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.