REST support for CustomPress post types

Hello,

on one site, we are running WordPress simply as a backend and communicate via the REST interface. When trying out CustomPress - which I like for it's ease of administration - we found out, that without fiddling with the plugin's code, we couldn't set show_in_rest to TRUE in register_post_type.

Found neither a option to do so nor a filter to change the arguments. Did I miss it?

Vaughan

Hi Martin,

Hope you're well?

No, you probably haven't missed it, CustomPress is an older plugin, and as such it most likely doesn't support REST API as there hasn't been any requests from people previously to add REST support.

This would need tobe custom coded in the plugin unfortunately. I can certainly add this to the features list & see if the developer could add REST support to it, but I can't make any guarantees or ETA's at this moment in time.

If you have already modified it yourself, I can certainly pass your changes to the developer which would help speeding it up, and I will certainly provide you with a few Hero points for doing so.

Regards