>> restauration not OK

Hello,
I use UpdraftPlus since a few years and have sometimes dramatic errors with Multisite
Loving WPMUDEV, I try snapshot Pro but I can't restaure my multisite :
1. I config the direction to be an ftp. Press save, the backup is on my ftp : No problem
2. I delete all wordpress and data, domain clean
3. I reinstall WP MS with subdomain
4. Reinstall WPMUDEV > Snapshot > reconfigured ftp to restaure
IT DOESNT SEE MY ZIP (file is 777)
5. I copy the zip file in upload>snapshot. Snapshot see the file
6. I press to restaure, everything is OK as snapshot told me
7. I launch my page : WHITE PAGE
8. I put a copy of htaccess I have done before : WHITE PAGE
Question : How to restaure without errors ?
Thank you

• Dimitris

Hey there Laurent_C,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

Let's got through the steps you've kindly described:

1. That's fine, I just want to add that you can even skip the FTP setup, create your snapshot locally and then download it manually via FTP from your server.

2. ~ 3. New multisite installation is using subdomain, source installation was also using subdomain? Just in case we need to further test/replicate this.

4. ~ 5. The correct procedure here should be to upload your snapshot file into the fresh installation inside /wp-content/uploads/snapshots/ folder and scan for files via Snapshot -> Import admin page.

6. That's awesome!

7. ~ 8. These white pages may "hide" some PHP errors, could you please access your server via FTP, edit the wp-config.php file, find a line like
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);and replace it with the following (if the above line doesn’t exist, simply insert next snippet just above the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment)

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

Then you should replicate these white pages and by doing so, a /wp-content/debug.log file should be created. Simply download it, rename it to debug.txt and attach it here in your next reply (if file exceeds the 5MB limit of attachments here in our forums, please use a service like Dropbox and post the shareable link instead).

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris

Hey there Laurent_C

Instead of
    please use

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

This should be enough if there's an actual error of course. Please keep in mind that this won't record previous error messages in /wp-content/debug.log file and you should re-restore the snapshot in order to regenerate the white screen.

If this still gives you troubles, could you please share with us your snapshot file so we could try to restore it in a test environment? Let us know if you wish to and what's the filesize of your snapshot .zip file and I'll let you know how to proceed (please keep in mind this is a public forum, well-indexed by Google).

Finally, could you please grant us with support access to the website in question to further inspect its setup? You can do so via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin as described here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-4

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.