Restore a Single Site in MultiSite Network With Snapshot?

Team WPMU,

I ran into a problem last night -- a first for our network. A Site admin somehow made a plugin update attempt (Gravity Forms) and it brought his site down. We are troubleshooting it, but there is a possibility we will have to do a restore -- but I only want to restore his site, not the network.

I keep nightly backups in Amazon of the network, but Pagely (my host) only does full network restorations, which I would prefer not to do, as it will reset other site content.

Can Snapshot assist? Can it take a full network backup and pull out a single site for restoration? If so, how do I do that?

Thanks,
Rob

P.S. Snapshot is not an allowed plugin with Pagely, as they don't like extra backup plugins, but I can probably get an exemption for this single instance.

• Sajid

Hi jetmac,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Using snapshot plugin, you can create/restore snapshot archives of single sites instead of network. That is how its designed to work. But you must have a snapshot archive ready to restore.

In this case, what you need to do is restore your entire network on a dev/staging site. Install snapshot and create snapshot archive for that specific subsite.

Now install snapshot plugin on your live site, move snapshot archive on live site by following the import snapshot instructions from Network -> Snapshots -> Import and restore it for that subsite here.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.