Restore snapshot gone wrong

I'm trying to restore my website backup using Snapshot Plugin, but it is failing, it returns this issue. ++++++++:28640 Wed Nov 21 16:19:22 2018 5+FfRo6BJn8 EA/9RY6BJn8 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; SemrushBot/2~bl; +" PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_user_by() in /home/7/++++++/+++++/wp-includes/meta.php on line 1308

Can you help me?

  • Tony

    No responses on this issue, so we choose to pay the host to use they're backup solution.

    Have 80 + sites where we trust Snapshot to be a friend in need, this is the first time we have used Snapshot for restoring, and it failed big time. Stopped at 40 %, but it restored 40 % of the page and removed wp-admin access and it is a wpml-site that removed the two other domains.

    I wonder now how effective it is for us to trust Snapshot as our backup-solution. It has to be said that this web page has a horrific setup with wpml, that is coded from scratch (not our work), but still the questions has to be raised.

    I asked support yesterday, if they're is some disclaimer on when it is not safe to use Snapshot, without getting any. If it has issues with some plugins, or even server requirements (had the green light yesterday) we would like to get a honest response on this, because the clients trust us to have the right backup solutions, and Snapshot saves us a lot of time, but it has to work properly.

    If there are some DEV's working on this now, they can stop the work. Will even mark this as resolved, because we are using the host as our help. Hope for some honest answers to the potensial backsides of trusting Snapshot.

    (Still a fan of this membership, love the support and several of the plugins, it is just Snapshot that need some review)

  • Adam Czajczyk

    Hello Tony

    Thank you for letting me know and I'm sorry again for the trouble that you experienced.

    I admit that it'd be very helpful for a future improvements/development of the plugin if we could find out what has happened but I understand that now the site's restored and working fine so that means that we actually do not have a way to check this as a "live case scenario". I've notified our developers already that there's no need to restore the site and that they shouldn't try to make changes there but we'll keep a close eye on any possible (hopefully not many though) cases that might be even remotely similar to this and we'll do some internal testing against similar issues as well.

    Kind regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.