Restore To?

Can you specify a specific location in the DB to restore to? Say for example, I wanted to create a snapshot of my most used blog settings to restore them to newly created blogs within the multisite... could this be accomplished with this plugin?

Thanks.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Can you specify a specific location in the DB to restore to?

How do you mean? By date?

You decide when to create a snapshot. That snapshot is then done for you and you can go back to that when ever you wish. So if you did it at 8pm on Saturday, then you can go back to 8pm on Saturday.

Say for example, I wanted to create a snapshot of my most used blog settings to restore them to newly created blogs within the multisite... could this be accomplished with this plugin?

Multisite is not yet official supported, so I would say no at the moment.

I've not yet tried moving data between installs, but it won't backup images, plugins or theme files.

Take care.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

I wanted to add this option is being considered for a future enhacement but there are some hurdles. Mainly the backup from one site would potentially have URLs in the post content or options tables specific to that origin site. So the question is should the restore process become intelligent and know that it need to update the URL from the old backup site to the new restore site.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.