restore to different domain

Hi
Is it possible to use the plugin as a cloning tool, so backup 1 master account, and then clone it to a new site ?

This would be great for me, everytime i bring a new client site up, its manually installing all the standard plugins etc

also, the ability to store the snapshot on a third party server via FTP or maybe on DropBox ?

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

I suppose you could take those backup files and import them in through PHPMyAdmin, you would need to look at changing URLs in the SQL and also taking note of any files which need transferring.

I'm not so sure about transporting or importing them between installs. I'll ping the developer for more information on that.

also, the ability to store the snapshot on a third party server via FTP or maybe on DropBox ?

That is not something which is currently possible, sorry.

Take care.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

creativehand, for the cloning option the Snapshot plugin will no provide any assistance. But as Timothy mentioned if you have some technical abilities you can probably figure out a way to make this work using phpMyAdmin. The ability to migrate a site to/from other single WordPress installs as well as to/from Multisite is on the features list I'm working towards. But this will be a few weeks down the road. Keep an eye on the project.

As for storing the file on a remote site: Dropbox, Amazon S3, FTP I'll be adding this sooner than the migration/cloning ability. Before that however is the upcoming inclusion of files. As you may or may not be aware the Snapshot tool only handles the database dump. So we wanted to add files support first. Then remote destinations. Then finally migration/cloning.

• Helmi
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

There are other plugins around that are able to accomodate these features like Backup Buddy from ithemes.com but they're at a rather high extra cost so you need to decide if you wanted to go their way.

At least backup buddy would imo be a good plugin to look at when proceeding with the development of Snapshot :slight_smile:

Moving a site from outsite to a multisite installation and vice versa is a killer feature i guess :slight_smile:

Frank

• Claire Wielandt
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Where has the request been moved to (aka where is the request forum nowadays) as I'd love to see that feature to (to be able to move to other site) ... I currently use backupbuddy, but it'd be SO much easier, If I could just restore from snapshot and fill in the new www to be replaced in the database :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.