Restore Unable to Proceed

I am attempting a restore of my site. Everything looks good but then I don't see a button to proceed. See attached document for screenshot.

Quite urgent.

• Sajid

Hello NuttyCart,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

It says configuration failed in your screenshot. Please make sure you have entered the configuration information correctly. For example, database details and also make sure no database exists there first.

If the issue exists, then please send in FTP of the target site, database details where you need to import, WordPress admin details and the snapshot archive so I could try myself.

You can send the requested details via our secure contact form in following format.

Subject: "Attn: Sajid Javed”
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - New DB (host/db_name/username/password)
    - Downloadable link of the snapshot archive or upload it on your server yourself.
    - link back to this thread for reference

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• NuttyCart

Hello Sajid:

Thank you for your response. I have sent everything you asked for. The DB details/credentials that I provided are for the new DB that I created for the restore. The FTP/CP details are the original credentials. The snapshot archive and installer are already on the server under the newly created directory (same as original but I already renamed the original into oldxxx.

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

• Sajid

Hello NuttyCart,
    Hope you had a great weekend :slight_smile:

Thanks for sending the requested details. I tried to use those details but it seems snapshot installer does not take those settings into account. I mean, even if I change the DB name to some random strings, it's still says DB exists. Same goes to user name and host.

That is not the case on my own test site neither we have reported such issue before. When I give it a wrong DB or any other information it gives the error in installer page.

Any way, I went ahead, removed the conditional check for database tables existence warning and deployed the backup.

It worked well and restored the site successfully. Please see here:
    [RemovedAsPerMembersRequest]

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• NuttyCart

Hey Sajid. Thanks so much! Amazingly, that eventually worked!

Do you mind if you remove the link from this public view? Please.

Secondly, When I did not hear from you as quickly as I wanted and my client was unhappy I found a way to recover the site after renaming the original install folder. With your restore, I am unable to login to my new url and it keeps forwarding to the restore which you helped make.

Would you be able to disable this restore so the site can continue working? Please?

• Sajid

Hello NuttyCart,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am glad to know the issue is resolved and things are working smooth on your end. Upon request, I have removed the URL of your client's site from my previous reply.

If you have any further questions regarding this then feel free to let me know or create a new ticket for any other issue.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support