Restrict fundraiser creation by user role?

For me, this plugin will not be very useful unless I can restrict by user role who can create fundraisers.

I want just admins to be able to create them, since they're a significant liability.

Or on other sites, just editors and admins.

Almost never would I want an author to be able to create them.

It would be nice to have something like what Events Manager does for events. (see attached)

Can you think of any straightforward workarounds for me? (hence this going into "plugin support":wink:

Otherwise, consider this a feature request.

Thanks,

• Cole
    • The Incredible Code Injector

This might be something that needs to be scoped with future BuddyPress and Multisite integration. I'll investigate how we might be able to find a solution before then. Are you looking for something to limit particular roles, particular capabilities or both?

• dschulzjackson
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

When you say "scoped", what do you mean? I'm not sure I'm following your meaning here ... buddypress ... multisite ... are you saying that, indeed, as I have said, multi-user makes role-scoping important?

Okay. I mean, in practicality;

Here's what I want:

Administrator: Effectively an editor/administrator with relation to fundraisers.

Editor: Effectively an author with relation to fundraisers.

Author: Effectively a contributor with relation to fundraisers.

Contributor: Effectively a subscriber with relation to fundraisers.

• Cole
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I'm really just referring to planning out the feature, in relation to other feature requests and priorities for the plugin. For instance I could imagine if you were a Multisite admin you wouldn't want to allow your blog owners to change role capabilities, but those options would need to be available for single WP installations. Nothing out of the ordinary really.

I think people would widely vary on how they would implement user roles & capabilities, so I think the something similar to what you showed with Events manager would be good.

I'm not to sure what we could do in the mean time. Still investigating a bit.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Cole,

A big thank you for your input here, it is truly appreciated.

I know you have to get your mind wrapped around the code and realize what can and what cannot be done and that it can be quite a challenge and then add in integration ....

Thanks again.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.