Restrict user to specific page(s)

Hi, I'm looking for a plugin that will allow me to easily restrict a user role to a specific page (or pages). I've looked at several (Members, User Access Manager, User Role Editor) but haven't found one that does quite what I need.

Here's what I'd like to be able to do:

1. Create a new user role.
2. Deselect access to all pages.
3. Add access to specific page(s).

So far the only way I can make this work is to go into every page on my CMS site and assign specific permissions (or more specifically, restrict this one role from having access). That's not practical as I need this for a couple of sites with hundreds of pages. Anyone know of a plugin that will let you turn off all access and then add it by page as needed?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello @mikebaronps,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

This is not easily doable on "wp-role" base "out of the box" as WP-roles do not operate on "per page/post" basis. The simplest way I know of would be to use our Membership 2 Pro plugin.

It allows you to setup as many memberships as you wish and assign those memberships to the content. These membership can then be assigned to posts/pages using "Protection Rules" and it can be done in bulk, meaning you will be able to "select many pages at once" and set protection.

There's also many more useful features included. Please take a look here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello @mikebaronps,

Thanks for your replay!

I don't think that there'd be other "out of the box" solution other than a membership plugin and I'm suggesting our own Membership 2 Pro because I believe it's the best choice and also I would be able to provide you with a full support for it around the clock :slight_smile:

Alternatively, you could go for a custom solution. You would be able to create an additional WP-role with a plugin such as User Role Editor and then use a custom code that would check the user role of a current user and compare it against "pre-defined" list of IDs of allowed pages/posts. This would however require some custom coding which is a bit beyond the scope of this support forum. You may then want to ask at our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note though: no WPMU DEV staff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

If you feel like coding such a solution yourself, please don't hesitate to ask questions and I'll be happy to assist. If you decide to go for Membership 2 Pro I'll also be glad to answer all your questions and provide you with a full support.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.