Restricting media to specific authors

We are using the customer press theme to allow our users to submit their own “posts”. We would like to restrict access to media to only the author that uploaded it, and admins.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings dandy,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

We are using the customer press theme to allow our users to submit their own “posts”.

I am not familiar with the Customer Press theme, can I please have a link?

We would like to restrict access to media to only the author that uploaded it, and admins.

That is obviously managed by user roles and therefore a user role editor of some flavor is a probable solution like User Role Editor plugin ~or~ perhaps any of the several located here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search.php?q=user+role&sort=

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Dandy
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks,

Sorry about the miss-type, I was actually referring to CustomPress (https://premium.wpmudev.org/projects/category/plugins/?s=%22CustomPress%22) – Which has been great in setting up some really nice strong alternative taxonomies.

The issue I have is, that I am trying to create the ability for new users to contribute content in the form of a post, to a new taxonomy that I’ve created, however by doing that, my users also have the ability to create blog posts for review also,

I’d ideally like a way of managing which content they have access to create for administrators to review.

I have had a look into the creation of new user types & roles, however so far have had no luck in successfully separating the new post type (custompress created) and the original wordpress post type.

any help in which you could give would be great.

Thanks

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings dandy,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.