Restricting URL Groups

Howdy,

I created a URL Group, and in the page area I listed two URLs. These two URLs are two of the domains in my multi-site network.

My install domain is: Miraculous.Me

The two domains I put in the Page URL area are:

Inventions.Me

Disruptions.Me

I then created a Level, and assigned the URL group to this level.

Then I assigned Member1 to this level. However, this member still has access to all the other domains in my multi-site network. The level did not succeed in blocking access to the others. The member by default seems to have access to my entire multi-site.

Then I created another URL group, and added a third domain. I created another level, this time I put the URL group into the negative area to block access. I assigned this blocked access Level to Member1 also. However, Member1 still has access to all sites in Multi-site.

Please clarify what the true functionality of the page URL section is.

Martin

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

The two domains I put in the Page URL area are:

Inventions.Me

Disruptions.Me

Have you activated the plugin network wide with global tables? You also need membership and the same configuration running on inventions.me and disruptions.me – if the plugin isn’t running on those sites, then it can’t restrict access to them.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi alberti,

In the Membership plugin folder there’s a file residing at the following.

membershipmembershipincludesincludesmembership-config.php

On line 20 of that file you’ll see the following:

if(!defined('MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_TABLES')) define( 'MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_TABLES', false);

You’ll want to specify ‘true’ in place of ‘false’.

As it stands, there’s an option in the database ‘m_installed’ that you’d have to delete in order to properly switch it over to a global table. This would have to be done in your WordPress database using phpMyAdmin. The option resides in wp-options and can be found easily with a quick search.

Cheers,

David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi alberti,

Just wanted to make sure this one’s working out well for you. Could you let us know if you have further questions on this one? I realize it can be a bit complex this one, so if you’d let us know, we’ll take a look with ya! :slight_smile:

Thanks!

David

• alberti
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hiya,

Although the plugin works to exclude members from certain sites, it’s still very inelegant. Users simply get a blank screen. They can’t even see the website after trying to log in (even the the website is publicly visible to everyone). I also have single signon working, so that users can move from one multi-site to another without having to log in again. But when they move to an excluded site, again, they get the blank screen.

Is there something better we can do here?

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.