Reverse Logic for membership and Pro sites

Hi folks sorry for the many rapid fire questions today, just trying to sort out the model for new users before i start the final process pf activating everything and sending the site live.

Ok having i think finally got my head round the problems with integration between the two, i had a thought.

Would it be possible to set membership up as a plugin under prosites for a user to control access to video conferencing to do online lessons etc, or to restrict content on his pages to certain groups of users (create classroom material for them or test pages etc.)

Could they offer this material as free and or premium content their students could pay them for?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings tom.eagles,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

Could they offer this material as free and or premium content their students could pay them for?

Sure because they can control URL's and URL group access plus use shortcodes to grant and/or control access.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@aencu

Hi Joe, thanks for the swift reply, so enabling the membership plugin to prosite users will allow them to create members for their own subsites?

as in theirsubdomain.mydomain.com can have its own membership plugin running and controlling access? Just want to make sure we are both on the same page,

if thats correct then i am a very happy bunny :slight_smile:

On a slightly different note will be back to you on that quote at the end of the month.

cheers

tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.