Reviews and custom CSS for jobs & experts?

Kind of a discussion + support questionish...

Wondering how i can get my expert profile to look like y'alls on the plugin's main page? And if I would be able to somehow have star + written reviews for each expert.. kinda like an angie's list. If you could just give me a nudge in the right direction, It'll be much appreciated.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Angela,

Hope you're doing well this weekend.

Both of these requests would actually involve quite a bit of custom development, outside of what we can offer. I can however add reviews/ratings as a feature request, I think that's a great idea :slight_smile:

As for the layout to match the image we have on the plugin main page. I'm following up on that with our project page writer as it appears a concept design made it's way into the live page. That is a concept layout we have been looking into including with our Upfront themes for Jobs and Experts.

In order to get that layout now you would need to create your own custom Experts post template, it would be more than just some CSS changes. We have a Jobs Board on our site where you can find developers from within the community for such custom requests(if you aren't a developer yourself): https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

If when I hear back from the project page writer it turns out that design is available somewhere then I'll definitely post it back here for you :slight_smile:

If you have any further questions in the meantime just let us know.

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. If there are some more minor changes you would like to make to the experts profile page then let me know and we can more than likely provide some CSS for it.

• Angela

Sounds great. Found the views/expert-single/main.php which is where the code for the profiles are. tried to and in php code for outside plugins, but wouldn't work. was thinking maybe I'd add the WP comments hook, it worked, but comments are inherently disabled for it, although they're enabled across the site. >.<

But ya, I'll probably mess around with it and see if I can make a cool layout. Thanks though, would appreciate those reviews!