Reviews in Directory Plugin

Hi,

I am trying to setup your directory plugin for a business association site. I see in your screen shots that you have reviews as a custom field. Can you explain how the reviews can be added? I've created a post type for the reviews and a bunch of custom fields for the directory listings. Not exactly sure how the reviews would connect to the specific business being reviewed. It would be really awesome if you guys could provide a working demo of this plugin.

Thanks,

John

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hello John,

The reviews are actually achieved by way of custom functions built into the plugin rather than by custom fields. And to get an idea for how to work with them you can check out the single.php file in the plugin's themes/default/ folder.

You'll find the following on line 13 of single.php:
    <?php do_action('sr_avg_rating'); ?><br />

You can also see how all the single directory listing pages are handled in this file as well.

And we are working on a demonstration site for the plugin. Should be available rather soon.! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    David

• gogetter
    • New Recruit

Hi David,

Will the review functiuonality allow me to build a local business review site similar to Yelp, for example (hopefully less cluttered)? If so, I would like to learn more details of how it can be done.

If not, can you accept this reviews funstiuonality as a feature request?

Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya gogetter,

One way to do this would be to use our Post Voting plugin. You could then assign voting to the directory_listing post type only. Our Post Voting plugin comes with loads of ways to insert voting and provides a variety of graphics to display the votes.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/post-voting-plugin

It's a bit different from ratings as its' just up or down, but it's a very simple way to get started. Otherwise there's also the freely available ratings plugin here:
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/gd-star-rating/

Hope that helps.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.