Revise text in a purchased WordPress theme

I'm tired of searching my little brain for the answer so I seek your incredible wisdom and quick answer. I created a website a year ago using the Frost one page WP theme by Tommus Rhodus that I purchased on ThemeForest, but now I need to update the text TODAY and Tommus isn't available. The layout and function of the site are perfect, but I can't remember how to access the areas where I revise the text (the words themselves that I wrote). When I'm in wp-admin, Edit Page only displays [template id="16" Home]. Sorry for being a dunce, but if you don't use it, you lose it and after a year of no use, I just can't find the answer in my head. (Guess I should work on a website more than once a year!) Thank you so much for your assistance!

I read The Good Support Ticket and clicked Download to Grant temporary access to WPMU DEV Hero Support, but I don't know how to open that on my website even though I see the zip file on my computer.

Here is my website:
http://raylenechardon.com/portfolio/#

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello RAYLENE,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I'll be more than happy to help you but I'll need to take a closer look at your site.

Usually, you'd edit all the text using Page/Post editor (accordingly: "Pages -> [Edit] link for selected page" and "Posts -> [Edit] link for selected post") in your site's dashboard. I suppose however that this theme is using some kind of a builder or its own templating system that complicate things a bit.

That said, I'll need to ask you to grant me a support access and also let me know some more details on what exactly would you like to change on your site.

As for support access. Since you already downloaded the "WPMU DEV Dashboard" plugin .zip file to your computer, please follow these steps:

1. login to your site as an admin
    2. go to "Plugins -> Add new" page in site's dashboard
    3. click on "Upload" button
    4. "Browse" and select that downloaded .zip file
    5. click "Install" and then "Activate"
    6. the plugin will ask you to login: use the same login and password that you are using to access this support forum
    7. after this plugin should be active so please go to "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's and follow this guide to grant me a support access:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Adam

• RAYLENE GETTIS

Sorry for the late reply. Our family was out celebrating our national independence. WPMU DEV access is now granted, Adam.

Here is my website: http://raylenechardon.com/portfolio/#

A year ago, I wrote all the text that you see, but I can't remember how I accessed it. I know once I get into it, I'll be able to take it from there to make the text revisions that I need. As you can see, I need to take down calling myself a web designer for the moment and step back into graphic designer!

• Milan

Hello RAYLENE GETTIS

Hope you won't mind me chiming here. :slight_smile:

So here is how you'll be able to edit texts you wrote year ago. :slight_smile:

#1) Login to your site's admin panel.

#2) Go to Appearance > Ebor Template Builder > Select "Home" tab

There you'll see different sections and elements you used for your home page. Edit there, I mean change whatever you want to change there and when you are done with customization, click on "Save Template" button.

Hope this helps you. :slight_smile:
    Kind Regards,
    Milan

• RAYLENE GETTIS

I have looked where you described. It does NOT answer the question. Maybe if I state it this way...
    When you load my website, the first image in the revolution slider is of snowy trees and says "Raylene Gettis Web Designer". I want to change the text to say "Graphic Designer". I wrote that text and can't remember how I was able to do that. Accessing all the text in my website IS is my question. I don't want to change any appearance of my website. I only want to change the text that I previously input, so how do I do that?

• Milan

Hello RAYLENE GETTIS

That's what I am addressing. :slight_smile:

Actually your home page is created using Ebor Builder and that is the right place to change every text you got on your home page. :slight_smile:

I've recorded one video for you to demonstrate how you can utilise and find text in Ebor Builder by looking at different sections of your home page. :slight_smile:

http://take.ms/4tDTr

Kind Regards,
    Milan