Rewrite rules not working

I'm using WPMU 2.9.1 and Ultimate Translate 1.0.3 (compatible?) installed to mu-plugins (with necessary path tweaks). Content is translating just fine, but the rewrite rules for the URL are not working for pages, posts or feeds. The language code in the url simply redirects to the same url without the code.

Any ideas on this?

  • Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

    Hiya and welcome to WPMU DEV! :smiley:

    The current version of the Ultimate Translate plugin is only compatible with 3.0+. Take a look at the older versions and grab up the 1.0 version:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-translate/download

    Should do the trick. Though I'd seriously consider upgrading that install as soon as possible as most of our plugins require 3.0 as a base at this point.

    Thanks, and again welcome!

  • hiptobesmart
    • Flash Drive

    Sorry for the delayed reply. Thanks for the info and the welcome :slight_smile:

    I'd love to upgrade to 3.0 but we've got around 1000 users on our install currently and some of the key plugins we offer are not compatible with the latest version just yet.

    I was using version 1.0 previously and had issues with the translation process halting at 30 - 50%. I could never get it to go further. I followed some of the advice I found on that topic, but no dice. Any advice on that?

    Thanks in advance!

  • hiptobesmart
    • Flash Drive

    We just updated to 3.0.1 and the latest version of the plugin. However, I'm still having issues with the Translate All process getting up to about 30% and hanging there. I noticed that if I hit translate all again, I get a page with code on it. But if I keep doing that over and over, the percentage goes up each time until 100% when the notification just remains there.

    Could this be a residual problem from the previous process? If not, what causes this behavior?

    Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

  • Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

    I noticed that if I hit translate all again, I get a page with code on it

    PHP code and HTML? Sounds like your server is getting a bit overloaded - can you try it on a computer that you aren't planning on using for a while and see if the processing gets above the 30% after a bit, it may just have had a slowdown and is still processing.

  • Chris H.
    • New Recruit

    I get the same error when trying to rewrite the rules... this is delivered back to me:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_blog_list() in /home/content/48/7172548/html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-translation-plugin/ultimate-translation-plugin.php on line 1101

    Any ideas?

  • dennis
    • New Recruit

    I had the same problem, I solved it by changing the file ultimate-translation-plugin.php

    I made a small change in the function rebuild_rewrite_rules

    function rebuild_rewrite_rules($scope = '', $context = 'print')
    {
    global $wpdb; <-- add this
    $rewrite = new Ultimate_Translation_Plugin_Rewrite_Handler();
    $rewrite->post_type = $this->post_type;
    if ( 'all' == $scope ) {
    //$all_blogs = get_blog_list(0, 'all'); <--- comment out this
    $all_blogs = $wpdb->get_results( $wpdb->prepare( "SELECT * FROM wp_blogs ORDER BY blog_id" ) ); <-- add this query

    Well, I got the error to go away, still have problems with the plugin...

  • drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

    Hi Dennis and welcome to wpmudev.

    Please spell out the specifics as to what's happening with the problem you;re having. Like most support forums, links and webserver's error logs checks are a big plus. Those who don;t include them get "randomly" selected to feed Sue her weekly allowance of chocolate. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.