right hand white space on mobile

Hello,

I am working with Panino theme and have a single long home page, which works fine except when I view it on mobile there is a fixed white gap to the right. This does not appear in the responsive breakout, but on a live test it is there and I can’t find what is causing it.

See attached – Any ideas?

I can grant support access so you can take a look, it is on a site within my multisite.

Thanks

Scott

• Panos
    • SLS

Hello Scott ,

Thank you for granting us access :slight_smile:

I had a look but could not see what you are mentioning as you can see in the following screen shot:

Have you managed to fix it or am I missing something here? Could you please let us know in which browser/device you notice this?

I would like to mention that with the latest version of Upfront v1.2 (which I see you have) you can reset layouts, which can be handy in some occasions. The restore feature can be found at your admin menu > Upfront > General. This restores the initial layout but it can't be undone, so before any layout restore I strongly recommend to keep a backup. You can use our Snapshot plugin. If you need further information about the restoring feature please let us know.

Looking forward to your reply!

Kind regards,

Panos

• Scott
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Panos,

The error does not show up when you reduce the browser or use the responsive breakout in upfront. It only shows up on a live view of the website, I tested on iphone and also Samsung smart phone.

I am currently setting up a staging area so will try resetting the layout and see if that resolves.

Thanks

Scott

• Scott

…more info:

I just re-installed the theme, and reset. It now views full screen, on mobile, but as soon as I scroll down (on the home page) it shrinks again, if I double tap it then expands again. I’m going to change theme and see if that makes a difference.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Scott,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I can’t see this issue on our live Panino demo. However, I can recreate this issue on your website though while viewing on android mobile.

This issue can easily be rectified by adding the following CSS code in Upfront -> Theme Settings -> Global Theme CSS.

@media screen and (max-width:768px){
    body{
    overflow-x: hidden !important;
    }
    }

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Scott

Hi Sajid,

Nice work! Well done and thank you.

So I tracked the problem down to gravity forms and having a comment field, as soon as I clicked into that field the screen view adjusted – your code quickly resolved.

many thanks

Scott

• IThotline
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi lovely fellow WPMU'ians!

So, im not having the best of luck with upfront themes… This is the 3'rd project where i chose upfront and made basic customizations… It's working good so far contrary to the previous 2 projects where i had to turn to envato themes (still using wpmu superpower plugins though… :slight_smile:

I used the css snippet Sajid suggested and it worked in vertical mode:

but i'm still having issues ind horizontal mode:

[image pos="1"]

All help and suggestions are much appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance

Best regards

/Mo

IThotline

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi IThotline,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Since this is an old and resolved thread so please start your own thread to get further assistance. Feel free to include the link of this thread in your own ticket for reference.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

This will also prevent spamming the original author of this thread with new replies notifications.

Thanks and have a fantastic day ahead :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.