Right plugins to make it flow?

If I want to have the contributers that post to the front page first pay a fee and include the RSS for their feed to the category of their choice do I use the Support Plugin? And would the members plugin work for people who comment keep out random replies to posts? How do I set up payment to post in ther category using their RSS from their blog? I'm sure it's the support pluging but I went over it a couple times and not sure why it's not showing up! And how do I keep out random comments? Thanks!

Mason

Hiya,

If I want to have the contributers that post to the front page first pay a fee and include the RSS for their feed to the category of their choice do I use the Support Plugin?

The Supporter plugins is designed to create a subscription payment for setting up individual blogs - it doesn't create a per-post charge scenario and also won't work on a single-site installation ie. contributors to a single blog.

We don't have a 'pay-per-post' plugin but you could follow the tutorial here to accomplish what you're looking for:
    http://tomsbigbox.com/use-paypal-for-pay-per-post-on-wordpress/

As for a plugin that allows this kinda thing - I think Gravity Forms has a paypal module, but I've never tested it.

I'm not quite sure I'm following the flow of what you're trying to accomplish though - they would select a category for their RSS feed? Do you mean they would choose a category for their post?

As for commenting, I don't think you'd need a membership plugin for this - you can always just make commenting only available to logged in users. Hope this helps.

If you can provide a more concrete example of what you want to see happen, I'm happy to provide more direction as best I'm able.

Thanks!

Auktweena

Yes logged in users for commenting! Does that mean they would have to be a member? Can they be non-members commenting? Thanks.
    As for members who already have a blog and just want to add their posts to their category, how do I have them pay first before adding them to the feed category? I will look into the pay per post and gravity forms. Sorry my question is a little hard to follow. Your doing a great job. Thanks

Mason

Hiya Auktweena,

I'm guessing you'd have a feed on your main site that would be like a featured or 'premium' category which would only have paid-for posts, correct?

Maybe the Gravity Forms plugin allows you to create a custom field or category that would be hidden from users on the front end? This way you could dictate an extra category, post type, or other custom meta to allow it to automatically be part of this feed. I'd say that would be the simplest route.

As to logged in for comments you can set this under Settings>Discussion very easily.

Thanks!